250 Trex 250 Advise

Felipe

Hello people of Rc-help I have a trex250 RC helicopter with a 3gx mrs , ad and of you have good a transmitter (that’s relatively cheap) if anyone could give me tips on one to buy please tell me, thanks!

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Howdy Felipe. This is just my opion but I would get rid of the 3gx mrs to start. Those units are hit or miss. As a good TX will depend on how many channels you need and how much $$$$ are you willing to spend. My self I'm a spektrum TX user. Also are you using the TX jus for heli or other RC vehicle like plane, quad ect...?

Felipe

Howdy Felipe. This is just my opion but I would get rid of the 3gx mrs to start. Those units are hit or miss. As a good TX will depend on how many channels you need and how much $$$$ are you willing to spend. My self I'm a spektrum TX user. Also are you using the TX jus for heli or other RC vehicle like plane, quad ect...?
I may use the TX for a some type of plane though nothing to crazy. All I’ll need is 6 channels. I’m look for a cheap(er) one that I can still use without worrying that something is gonna go wrong with it. Thanks!

RandyDSok

I may use the TX for a some type of plane though nothing to crazy. All I’ll need is 6 channels. I’m look for a cheap(er) one that I can still use without worrying that something is gonna go wrong with it. Thanks!

It ( the cost ) isn't about the number of channels, they really don't cost them much if anything to add more channels. It's the features that you find in the higher channel count radios that cost you the money. Things such as the number of models it can store, mixing features, other programming features etc. Also the ones with more channels are typically built better, so higher quality so less problems. While the screen size may not seem like much of an option... it can really make setting up a lot easer the bigger the screen a radio has. Most users seem to upgrade from a 6ch radio pretty quickly because they lack quality, features or other things they hadn't considered at first.

My Futaba T8FG ( now an older radio model ) originally was an 8 ch radio. They've since upgraded it to 14 ch with only free software updates. Still, when I chose it, it was the other features it has that lead me to the choice and not the number of channels.

Spectrum and Futaba radios are probably the better available brands and are of good quality. I've seen a number of users post about their Radiomaster radio's also but I don't know the pro's or cons on them. They seem to be well liked but that isn't from my own experience and should be taken with a grain of salt.

Top Bottom