Micro Trex 100x

Slobberdog

Well after speaking with the model shop I bought my trex 100x from I now have to send it back,

I bought the align product thinking it would be good quality but, as you all have probably heard they are not that good,

Mine the gyro gain is no good and the tx will not hold memory for the rudder channel, and the tail won't hold because I think the gyro gain is not working.

Good thing is the model shop I bought it from is next door to align uk so they can get it looked at really quick, here's hoping I get it back soon as I like flying this little heli aside of the tail holding its great fun for a beginner and boy do they bounce well.

A lot of people say that the 100x is better built (less plasticy looking) than the msr but I think with this issue that lots of these heli's have tail issues I wish I had gone for the msr, might even do that when I get the Rex back fixed I might get rid and buy the msrx.

Don't think this is a rant I like the Rex but want something to do what it says on the tin......

Kev......

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Anything smaller that a 450 T. rex seams to be not that great? Only one person on here with a 250 had good luck with it. But the 450 on up are second to none!

Slobberdog

Lots of 250s up for sale lately, think I will get mine back sell it and treat myself to the mcpx Bl,

Slobberdog

Nah robbe uk has it at the moment looking at it, got to wait :( unfortunately, hopefully fixed when I have it back, yes will vid it if I can as my vid cam will be my mobile.

Slobberdog

Well just had news from my LHS, my Trex 100x has a clean bill of health and will be sent back out to me today in the post , whoo hoooooo should have it back to fly around the house for the weekend.

lets just hope that they have cured its ailments and its flying as it should be.....should i hold my breath, maybe not.

more to follow, maybe even a video................

Slobberdog

Well told me that it was being sent Wednesday but guess what, :sorrow: not been sent til today, well at least I get it back in the morning

Slobberdog

Well had my Trex100 back, whoa what a difference, it freaking amazing, pump the throttle and now the tail holds. Point it and it goes that way, but omg its twitchy, cos I have been using expo on my DX6i and there's no such thing on this Rex, but I is one happy chappy........:triumphant:

Well going out with the family in a bit so video will be done later, before ya all ask!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tony

Staff member
See, you are getting to know the REAL rules around here hahaha. Congrats on the new heli, well, new as in flying style that is.

Slobberdog

Well spoke to LHS today regarding the canopy that's on my 100x as it came back to me with a big crack and taped up, lol what did I expect, sorry it got to us with that crack my have been done in transport so we taped it up to stop it getting worse, lmfao

On the back of this though have ordered a new canopy and a Msr tail blade set, as this looks to have a little bit more pitch and is slightly bigger so should cure my tail drift that I have left, however this is better as I have taken the tail fin off and that helped as the motor does not have to force that through the air.

Turns out they had to try a few new boards in the heli to get one that works properly, sorry Align but I thought your QA was supposed to be better than this.......

New batteries arrived today...........Sh*t what a difference in power the helicopter came alive, the extra c rating really helps not to allow the motor to get really bogged down after you drop the throttle then try to pump it to recover altitude.

I was ready to give up on this bird but have come to love it all of a sudden. :excitement::glee:

Slobberdog

Well here it is with the nanotech batts

[video=youtube_share;ZznXdGbEvts]http://youtu.be/ZznXdGbEvts[/video]

Slobberdog

Well I have just found out some info, for owners of a trex100x with tail drift,

After mine came back from Align for a gyro gain problem, which they sorted free of charge, of which I commend them, it still had a slight clockwise drift, doh come on, but when I had it back the canopy was cracked, could have been slightly cracked before I sent it back, don't really know, but after reading a post on another forum, Slap on hands yes I am a bad boy, I found out that the slight vibration this would cause would be enough to cause my issue, how to prove this, take canopy of and fly, low and behold there was no tail drift, bingo.......

I had a new canopy so fitted that and tried again, spot on no drift, I am now extremely happy fellow :glee:

Tony

Staff member
It's amazing that such a little issue can cause so much headache. And shame on you for cheating on RCH!!!! :nono:

Sparse

My lhs has one of them on display, The best thing I like about them is the servos being enclosed on the board like they are. unlike the servos on the blade micros.

Slobberdog

After having one, tbh I would not have another, the tail issues that they suffer from are just not worth having the heli, would be better off with the msr or msrx

Top Bottom