Training Help / Advice

Hi ,
Now that I have got Phoenix V4 working I need some help.
As soon as I start to throttle up the heli keeps sliding to the left applying right rudder and right aileron doesn't
really help to keep it in the starting position, what I am trying to do is practice hovering. ( hope that makes sense)
is it just a case of practicing using these 2 controls or am I missing something.??
John

Tony

Staff member
All helicopters that have a tail blade on the right side forcing air out the right side will go left on takeoff. This is compensated with right aileron once the skids leave the ground.

If the movement is excessive, you may need to calibrate your controller to the sim. There should be a calibrate menu on the sim somewhere in the top bar. Try that, get your sticks set and let us know how it works then.

Derek

Hey there, John!

I'm glad that you got the sim working with your DX6i. That's great!!!

I would strongly suggest checking out the "How To' video that "stokke" has in his signature. I've looked at it several times and I've learned alot.

Also...If you are going to be online later on today and want to fly. Let me know ahead of time and I should be able to meet with you.

I'd be happy to share the little bit of experience that I have, lol.

Derek

I will look for you then.

I'll start an online flight session titled "RCH Flyers" and the session will be passworded. The password will by rchelpdotcom.

Top Bottom