General Torque Tube Vs Belt

Tony

Staff member
See, when you do it, you don't mess around lmao. Hopefully my life around here can slow down a little bit and I can fly some TT and some belts to remember what it felt like.

Admiral

I don't mind TT or Belt the only tails that irk me are those little helicopters with tail motors .

murankar

Staff member
I am to late to this game for sure. I have both and both have their pros and cons. I prefer the belt especially during the normal flying season but during the winter I hate the belt; if I flew in the winter lol. The torque tube is almost set it and forget it. Once its installed and shimmed for optimal mesh its done for a good while. Unless to decide the edge your driveway with the tail, then its gear set time. Cost is better with belt vs the TT, one bent boom could mean a bent TT. Lastly Belt driven tails could pose a ESD issue which is easy to solve, run a ground wire from the tail output area to the motor mount. An ESD discharge could cause and FBL to reboot while in flight. Another way to reduce ESD is to spray the belt with silicone every once in a while.

Top Bottom