tornado

taizi

just seen there has been a few big tornados in texas, hope everyon is ok and hope the worst is over

good luck everyone

Tony

Staff member
It's May in the midwest, tornado season. The night when those hit, it was only a slight chance of severe weather. Most were talking strong winds and hail, you know, the usual for us around here. But, they fired up some supercells and were spinning tornadoes left and right. Sunday, we have a pretty good chance of severe weather here in Oklahoma. I will have my cameras ready if they get close to my house. Love storm season!

But as posted, I have asked around if anyone on here has been affected by these tornadoes, and thankfully, I have not heard anything. But, it's still early.

taizi

lets hope the no news is good news, i know some of you guys on here are from that part of the USA, so im glad your ok, and yes those storms although deadly are also really beautiful aswell, gotta love nature sometimes

Tony

Staff member
Just saw a deal where the "storm chasers" you see on TV are trying to make money off of the tragedy. They are using the deaths of that outbreak to try and help their ratings. I will never watch those crack pots again because of it.

It is sad, where something that could and should be used to gather information and help save lives is turned around to feed people's greed.
Glad to hear that our members appear to be ok, and our thoughts are with those who have been affected by the tragedy.

murankar

Staff member
I am not sure how far away those tornadoes were from me but we are fine. I have not heard much about it but then again I have not been in front of the tv.

taizi

i never see any news but i do get headlines from social media sites i use, i think its good to record such events but as far as i know it would only need to be done by one respected news outfit, and most importantly it should be done with respect to those affected, it does make me sick how media groups decend on an area just to try and look caring
lets hope that amongst the frenzy some solid science comes out of it so that better protection can be offered next year
good luck everyone

Tony

Staff member
They have already come out that it was an EF4 tornado that killed those people. I know that the news channel that I watch, which has the best meteorologist in the country, Gary England, has a reporter down there that I respect highly.

Top Bottom