Tornado

As many of you know, we had some really bad tornadoes hit the south last week. Well my wife and I went to Ringgold to get as close as we could to the damage. I tried get some pictures of the devestation but the pictures just dont do it justice! Such a sad situation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony

Staff member
Wow, I hate to say it, but I have seen this kind of damage not far from my house. I'm glad to hear that you and your family are safe. Things could have been a LOT worse. You should strap a camera on your 500 and take that sucker up and take video lol.

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!
Sorry to hear about the tornadoes. We in Alabama have suffered badly. I was without power for 5 days and I have friends who don't have homes. I was one of the lucky ones that did not suffer any damage. I have been trying to help out as best I can. Not much you can do with total devastation except clean up the mess and rebuild. Kinda like helicopter crashes. My work has been demanding since I work for a telephone company. The best thing is no one in my immediate family nor friends lost anyone to the disaster. I will be covered up for the next few weeks trying to help get things back in a working state. Not much fly time. I can say this the people of Alabama have stepped up to the plate and joined hands to get things straightened up. I have never seen people bond and work together like are are now since I was a kid. I purchased a generator to get my power back at about 10%. It's really amazing what one light a TV can do for you. I hope no one ever has to deal with this again. There are pictures and videos all over the internet of the 1/2 mile wide vacuum cleaner results in Alabama.

One of the FEMA Representatives said that we got more done in 3 days than New Orleans did in three years. That is awesome to hear those kinds of words.

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Wow, I'm glad that you and your family are doing okay despite what happened. I had started wondering about you there for a while. Glad you still have a roof over your head. I know all too well what this stuff can do to a community.

Ghostflyer1

Mother Nature has a way of pointing out how small we really are. Im GLAD to hear that no one in your family circle was harmed.

Tony

Staff member
Just had storms like this roll through just the other day. Very amazing. Even though I'm here and I see them every year.

Top Bottom