Tornado In Norman Oklahoma

Tony

Staff member
We just had a tornado go through Norman oklahoma a little bit ago. I was able to capture an image from the radar and it's impressive. Doesn't look like it stayed on the ground, but looks like it hopped through Norman from south west to north east. Have a look at the image and let me know what you think.

Norman Tornado.jpg

Norman Tornado.jpg

Tony

Staff member
lmao, I'm not sure because I'm in Lexington working at the base. But, the tornado was abotu 15 miles north of my house, so I'm sure everythign is fine there.

callsign4223

Staff member
Ya, looked like it split the difference between us. The emergency manager at Midwest City still had us setting up the extra capacity for our 911 center just in case though.

Tony

Staff member
It's not over yet. There are at least 3 more storms if they hold together that will come through the central part of the state.

callsign4223

Staff member
True, it should be an interesting evening for sure. This is what I love about living in Oklahoma, the spring storms.

Whirlybird

Wow Tony! Just caught World News Tonight and saw that you're in the "Red Zone". Hope you come out ok this weekend in OK :)

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
hehe, thanks Frank. This is the calm day of it all, tomorrow is supposed to be even worse. But, this is Oklahoma and what we are used to. Bring it on, I love this stuff.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Keep it there lol.. Don't want it rolling through Austin.. I am going to the fun fly there with my helis. :)

Hope everyone is safe though!!! :)

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Make sure you keep an eye on the ski! Stay safe. I've driven through those things a time or two out there in your part of the country! Not fun!!

Tony

Staff member
I just posted another large tornado on the ground in SW Oklahoma. It's weakening now, but will cycle and strengthen again. And it's heading right here if it stays on the same track.

Altus Tornado.jpg

Altus Tornado.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Here is an image that was just taken of one small, and one large tornado in SW Oklahoma. And they are moving up into central sections if they stay on the same track.

Dual Tornadoes.jpg

Dual Tornadoes.jpg

Top Bottom