Other Top Speed no longer working on the Traxxas app.

nuraman00

I have an E Revo 2.0.

I have always driven it in my backyard.

Today, when using the app, the temperature, tachometer, speedometer, and battery voltage were working.

But not the top speed.

Normally I drive it in a certain path for 4-5 seconds, and I note the top speed.

The top speed holds or shows the new high, until I hit the reset button on the app.

That's not working anymore.

I tried multiple devices.

I tried resetting bluetooth.

I tried reconnecting the device.

I tried uninstalling the app.

Neither helped.

I called Traxxas support. They say the telemetry is working. It might be an app issue.

And they'll make a note of it, in case it's a bug.

I've never had this happen before.

I also saw a dual sided green arrow, when using the app. I've rarely seen that sign in the past. I've seen it before, but most of the time when I have used the app in the past, it hasn't been there.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231128-170800_Traxxas Link.jpg
    Screenshot_20231128-170800_Traxxas Link.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 3

RandyDSok

Since you didn't mention the battery ... that is the first place I'd check because batteries are known to loose performance as they age and can't hold the amps they once could when new.

nuraman00

Since you didn't mention the battery ... that is the first place I'd check because batteries are known to loose performance as they age and can't hold the amps they once could when new.

What exactly should I check with the battery? And the app itself does show the current speed, on the speedometer. It just doesn't show the top speed anymore.

RandyDSok

To check your battery will depend on what type of charger you have... most basic chargers do not provide the info you would need... a good one would show how much capacity ( mah ) you are charging back into the battery... as a battery ages, they don't hold as much capacity and can't put out as many amps. You can also indirectly check it by comparing a new battery of the same make/model to the older one.

By the way you had worded it previously, I was assuming it ( the car/truck ) wasn't going as fast... now it doesn't appear to be that or an issue with it ( the car/truck ). The app issue itself has little to do with RC and isn't normally something a RC craft will have.

You'll have to contact the company about options for the top speed issue if this is just an app problem... that is either an issue with the app or the info received and I don't have either the car or app... nor could I diagnose someone else's programming even if I did have it. When asking for help with that issue, they will need details like make/models and versions and other possible info. They will likely also need to know about the info for device you are using, so what make/model of the phone/tablet as well as the OS and it's version.... you can't properly diagnose those issues in a vacuum ( without that type of info ).

As an aside but remember I don't diagnose phone/tablet info.... Like a real PC... restarting the device will often clear a lot of issues, so start with that. On Android and IOS devices, the next step they usually recommend is to clear the apps data and finally ( something you listed ) they recommend re-installing the app. Since I'd assume the "top speed" info is just gotten from the speed data your device received... I wouldn't assume resetting the bluetooth would help in the least since you were getting speed data still ( from the sound of your description ).

Battery safety and usage is still important for you to learn if you are going to get into electric RC models.... but it's sounding more like this isn't an RC issue... but a program issue which is outside of the typical RC stuff and will be specific more to your device you are viewing the info from than from your RC craft itself.

nuraman00

To check your battery will depend on what type of charger you have... most basic chargers do not provide the info you would need... a good one would show how much capacity ( mah ) you are charging back into the battery... as a battery ages, they don't hold as much capacity and can't put out as many amps. You can also indirectly check it by comparing a new battery of the same make/model to the older one.

By the way you had worded it previously, I was assuming it ( the car/truck ) wasn't going as fast... now it doesn't appear to be that or an issue with it ( the car/truck ). The app issue itself has little to do with RC and isn't normally something a RC craft will have.

You'll have to contact the company about options for the top speed issue if this is just an app problem... that is either an issue with the app or the info received and I don't have either the car or app... nor could I diagnose someone else's programming even if I did have it. When asking for help with that issue, they will need details like make/models and versions and other possible info. They will likely also need to know about the info for device you are using, so what make/model of the phone/tablet as well as the OS and it's version.... you can't properly diagnose those issues in a vacuum ( without that type of info ).

As an aside but remember I don't diagnose phone/tablet info.... Like a real PC... restarting the device will often clear a lot of issues, so start with that. On Android and IOS devices, the next step they usually recommend is to clear the apps data and finally ( something you listed ) they recommend re-installing the app. Since I'd assume the "top speed" info is just gotten from the speed data your device received... I wouldn't assume resetting the bluetooth would help in the least since you were getting speed data still ( from the sound of your description ).

Battery safety and usage is still important for you to learn if you are going to get into electric RC models.... but it's sounding more like this isn't an RC issue... but a program issue which is outside of the typical RC stuff and will be specific more to your device you are viewing the info from than from your RC craft itself.
Thanks.

Yes, the car itself is going as fast as it used to.

I had tried reinstalling the app. And I had tried using the app on multiple devices. It's not working on either device. Whereas it had worked on both before.

I've also restarted both devices (phone and tablet).

I'm sending in the car to Traxxas.

RandyDSok

I'm sending in the car to Traxxas.

Hmmm... ok, but I doubt it has anything to do with the car. I suspect it's the app not keeping the top speed info ... unless you are not getting any speed info at all, then it's possible that the car isn't sending the data.

nuraman00

Hmmm... ok, but I doubt it has anything to do with the car. I suspect it's the app not keeping the top speed info ... unless you are not getting any speed info at all, then it's possible that the car isn't sending the data.
I had to send the car in, because they said without the transmitter, receiver, and wireless module, they would not be able to determine what the problem was.

I too suspected it was an issue with the app, since it had been working before, and then stopped. They said they hadn't had any issues.

The app was recording the temperature, tachometer, speed, and battery voltage. Just not the top speed.

Ok, so today I got a notification from their service center, that they couldn't find any problem. I called them, and asked if they had tested on any Android devices, since I had tried it on both of my devices. They checked their notes, and said no. They had tested it on iOS devices.

The phone service rep said he would test with Android devices and get back to me.

A few hours later, I got another notification from their service center. It did indeed stop working on Android devices. They're sending the car back, and said it will be fixed in the next update.

So, I'm glad it wasn't something I was doing that was wrong. I wish they could have tried testing it before I paid to have my RC car shipped there, in its giant 24"x20" box. But at least they identified the problem, and said they will fix it.

It would have been worse if they sent the car back, didn't think they had a problem, and nothing changed on my end.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I wish they could have tried testing it before I paid to have my RC car shipped there, in its giant 24"x20" box.
The quality control has gone to hell. It's all about getting the product out to the consumer and worrying about the product's quirks later on down the road :emomad:Just my :2c: Still glad your issue is resolved.

RandyDSok

I'm a little surprised they hadn't tested with the same OS version you were running before having you send in the equipment. It's a logical step that should have been taken to help try and keep the customer from incurring unneeded expenses. Note I didn't just say just Android but that the version being used is equally important since newer and older versions differ.

Top Bottom