Tony's Wanted Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony

Staff member
<s>Alright guys, the final straw has been placed, and it's time to replace everything on this clone that is NOT Align. Below is what I need for it.

Align 325mm 3G main blades. MUST be 3G!

Align 450MX motor (3400kv or whatever it is, for 3S, not 6)

Align 35a ESC

Align DS415 Cyclic Servos (must be working and no stripped gears)

Align DS525 Tail Servo

Align Main Frame (I have found this for $60)

Align Tail block, DFC version only.

I think that is all I need for this thing to make it completely Align. The motor that is in it (500w), the YEP ESC, the servos (all of them), the tail block and the main frame are all being stripped away from the Align parts that are on it and either being sold, or trashed, I could care less what option I go with. I'm done with trying to make this work. It's a nightmare and a half, and it's time to just do it the right way.

Yes, I have weighed the options of just getting the super combo kit without the 3GX, but it's still cheaper this way with what I have in it. I guess I could still get the super combo and just use all of these parts as spares. We will see how things go.

If you have an Align DFC 450 with everything but the 3GX (I have too many of those), let me know and we may just work out a deal.</s>

heli-maniac

I got 3 new ds415s ill sell them to for what i paid for them 60.00
thinking of going with better servos on the new build

john2012

Banned
Hey tony you have a 3gx heli why are you still messing around with the clone, i just ordered two ds415 for my 450 sport this was the problem on my 450 sport servo wires bad .i would help but my funds are low and having medical problems haven't worked for 10 days and counting?

Tony

Staff member
John, the 3GX is on a clone. Basically I'm looking to replace the frame, servos, motor and ESC, adn once that is done, I will have a full Align helicopter that I can fly with confidence. OH, and a DFC tail block and some other odd's and ends. But really the parts that I need to replace are the most expensive parts on the heli.

In all honesty, this is a toss up between buying the parts to make this Align, or just say the hell with it and buying a kit with no 3GX.

Jesse, I have notated your price on the cyclics. I will see what I can do.

Karubah

Tony, I have a spare 450 motor brand new still in the box. You can have it for a small amount plus shipping. Not sure what shipping would cost from here, but if your interested let me know and I will find out the shipping and let you know how much I want for the motor. Cheers

Tony

Staff member
Thanks Andy. I"m still trying to decide if I'm going to get the parts, or just get a new heli. So far, I have your motor and Jesse's servos. Should put me right at about $100 right now.

john2012

Banned
Well, Tony that was doomed from the start it was a clone i remember. I just want to say i can buy you a set of blades 3gx to help you out,but need your address to send them directly to you from the align store, need your address you can send to my email jcss2012@comcast.net ... If you want them i would be glad to do that man????lol john2012

Tony

Staff member
Thanks John. At this time, I would have nothing to put them on unfortunately. Don't want to put them on the SE V2 since it's way under powered and I would just be wasting the CF blades.

john2012

Banned
Well if anyone else helps with the rest of the parts i will do the 3g blades,oh and it would be my pleasure Tony !!

Karubah

Get the parts Tony. You won't be happy until you have the way you want it, at least then you can fly it with the confidence that it won't fall apart in the air and it will react the the way you want it to.Cheers

Tony

Staff member
The main thing is it doesn't fit the Pro Align 450's. You have to either cut a big ass hole in the frame, or mount it to the side which my OCD won't let me do lol.

I htink I have made my decision. Most of the money for this heli are in Align replacement parts, not the clone parts or kits. So, I'm not goign to be losing much by trashing this helicopter. Matt is trying to talk me away from 450's all together, and I'm seriously thinking about it. But, with all fo these parts, I feel that I should get another one. I'm not sure. But at this time, I have no way to purchase all of the parts or a new kit.

So my Pro crashed and is stripped of Align parts, my SE V2 had the swash lock up on it. Did about 2 minutes of flying with it (sport, very mild 3D) and the heli was sluggish as hell. Had to fight it to get it back. When I did, the flybar paddles are almost 90º's from where they were. Tried to put the FBL head into the SE V2, NOT. Won't fit. So, the SE V2 is done now as well.

So, with all that has gone on, the only heli's I have to fly are my mSR and mCP-X. Talk about suck.

Ah well, I need to concentrate on other things right now anyway. Been spending way too much time on these 450's.

xokia

If you are more concerned with price over time then helikraft is a good place to get parts if you wait for a 50% off sale. Shipping is spendy but if you order a large quantity of parts it evens out.

john2012

Banned
Well tony your not going to be happy,get another heli and do it right?and be happy, happy,happy i don't want to see anyone unhappy and that's what you will be.

xokia

If you want a cheap heli that flies pretty good and similar to that 450 get a 300x. You can get a BNF for $230 shipped to your door and it comes with a AR7200BX. It's dirt cheap to repair. Replacing servo gears costs $3. I've been happy with mine for what it is. It's the helicopter that currently gets the most flight time in my fleet.

Tony

Staff member
Thread closed. I'm just going to purchase a new helicopter. I can't justify buying all of these parts and spending the EXACT same amount of money in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom