Tony FINALLY Flying again!!! Boring though...

Tony

Staff member
Alright guys, I know you all have been waiting for me to get back in the air, and it finally happened. Sadly, it was with a heli that I do not trust at all. The HK450GT. I have replaced some of the parts with Align, but still, it's a POS. But, it got me back in the air, that is what matters! Who knows, if I get my nerves under control after the second flight (soon to come), I may fire up the 600. But doubt it.

Here is the video. It's boring and very simple flight. Watch at your own risk, you might fall asleep lol.

Flying For The First Time In Over A Month At The New Place - YouTube

Derek

nicely done, Tony!!! That bit of field looks wider than what you had at the house. It's good to see ya back in the air!!!

Tony

Staff member
It's wider and deeper, so there is more room. The fence is farther away so that is a bit better. I did just come in from flying the 600. Flies amazing as always. But with the wind, I got a face full of smoke and my head is killing me again. I don't want to have to convert this thing, but dammit, this really friggin hurts.

Here is the second video. Damn near plowed the 450 into the ground. Got sweat in my eye for a second and lost orientation. Thankfully I gained it back. When I was flipping form inverted to upright, this thing would aileron roll like crazy, and I was having to do a 1/4 piro flip just to save it. Pretty interesting. Hot as hell too. NO wind (well, very light wind) and no clouds, 95º outside. ugh, but I had to fly lmao.

Second Flight, Almost Plowed It Into The Ground! w00t! - YouTube

idon'tknow!

rc-help EXPERT.......????
Nice Tony! Must be great to be back up. Loved those little hurricanes (or what looked like that).

Tony

Staff member
They were funnels, but the damn tail wouldn't hold where I was holding it. I'm great at them in the sim, but with this POS clone, they are hard as hell. And I just can't bring myself to do them with the 600 lol. They are getting better though. One of these days I'm going to see just how fast I can go with them. Test that little tail to the max.

And it is great to be back up in the air again. Love the shaking hands lol. Don't like the headache from the 600 so much though. That video is uploading. It will have it's own thread.

Slobberdog

Hey Tony great to see you in the air again, good flying, nice to see no heli magnetic fence in the picture, but those power lines look close,

Tony

Staff member
The power lines are not as close as they seem. They are high tension lines, and everything about them is HUGE! So compared to what you see on the side of the road, it makes these look a lot closer. But, I do still run out of room very quickly even though this field is bigger than what I was flying in.

idon'tknow!

They were funnels, but the damn tail wouldn't hold where I was holding it. I'm great at them in the sim, but with this POS clone, they are hard as hell. And I just can't bring myself to do them with the 600 lol. They are getting better though. One of these days I'm going to see just how fast I can go with them. Test that little tail to the max.

And it is great to be back up in the air again. Love the shaking hands lol. Don't like the headache from the 600 so much though. That video is uploading. It will have it's own thread.

ah, ok... might want to try it at alt.. it is a clone ;) 600 would probably work a lot better... just so much more in a crash :(

Tony

Staff member
The issue is the cheap POS gyro. As it's going around, it's trying to correct for the movement even though I'm holding rudder into it to make the turn. In a funnel, it's just like making a standard banked turn, you are just flying sideways. Well, the gyro is seeing it as it's supposed to hold the tail the best it can, and at this point, it should release control to the user. It's a clone, what more can I expect lol.

idon'tknow!

that sucks... really sucks. well hope you can show it who's boss, or replace it soon, before something bad happens.

Tony

Staff member
If something bad happens with this thing (as it already has when the flybar paddles twisted and I lost all control), then I will just hang it up and forget about it. It's a cheap clone, no worries there.

Tony

Staff member
I damn near did that in the second video. It sounded cool as hell, but that was a full collective punch out just to save it lmao. In a way, I was kinda hoping I would put it in so I would have an excuse to get a REAL heli lmao.

idon'tknow!

lolol... sometimes I wish I totaled my 500 so I would have gotten something better instead of putting hundred's into it.

Tony

Staff member
If you are looking to unload your 500, we may have to work out a deal when I'm back on my feet. I have been looking at getting a 500, but it has to be a true Align.

idon'tknow!

well mine started as HK.. but now the only HK parts on it are the two little metal pieces that hold the tail servo in place, and the motor mount, everything else is align, or a align upgrade... plus it has lots of hk, and Align parts.

concept30

Great Videos Tony, nothing boring about them, you could land your 450 upside down and still be able to fly better then I have been, but im still not given up.

Tony

Staff member
lol, if this thing would hover upside down maybe. But the gyro goes all wacky when I go inverted for some reason. It will flip all day long, in fact, on my third flight, I was doing continuous flips with it and it was solid. But try to stop inverted, and you are going to have to do a 1/4 piro flip to save it.

Top Bottom