Tonight's Indoor flying

Slobberdog

Well got the gym virtually to myself tonight put two batteries through both the 130x and the 450 DFC and here's the exploits with the 130x second battery until the boys came in to play football, sorry for the mug at the beginning as my brother in law had the phone the wrong way around, lol

[video=youtube_share;bu6nGlLtyxc]http://youtu.be/bu6nGlLtyxc[/video]

Quality not the best as auto focus could not quite keep up.

Last edited:

EyeStation

Re: Tonight's little flying

For some, the phone is just as difficult to operate as a heli is for others. lol
The 130x is looking smooth there, Kev!

Slobberdog

Re: Tonight's little flying

Thanks Dave the 130x I absolutely love, it's spot on now mate, as stable as my 450 its great, oh and it moves like a bat out of hell!

Slobberdog

Here you go Tony, 450 DFC in the hall tonight, cut short as new guy just decides to lift off during my time on the floor, plus the quads at the other end of the hall, it was quite busy tonight,

[video=youtube_share;8EMhIblC-OI]http://youtu.be/8EMhIblC-OI[/video]

Slobberdog

She's running sweet as a nut as well Tony, 3.1 is really nice on her, just want to get her outside to stretch her legs again, it's been to long snitch she let her hair down properly,

Ken Jackson

Man you were 6 feet in the air when the motor got up to speed. Quick take off, Lol.
It's going to be -10 degrees F here overnight. Its too cold to even spin up a helicopter
in the house. Too much wind, Haha!

Ken

Tony

Staff member
With 3.1, that is what you have to do to keep it from tipping. But, that is about the only issue with it.

Ken Jackson

With 3.1, that is what you have to do to keep it from tipping. But, that is about the only issue with it.

Maybe that tipping thing is only a problem with the 450 size. I've never even thought my 500 was thinking about tipping on take off. Interesting. I'll be getting my 3.1 3GX on a new 450 soon, guess I'd better watch that first takeoff.

Tony

Staff member
It happened every spool up on the 600N. Main reason I never flew that helicopter. Then put the BX on it and never had another issue.

Ken Jackson

It will be interesting to see if I have any issues when I move mine onto the 450. I am going to leave it 3.1 since that's all I've ever flown.

Ken

Slobberdog

Maybe that tipping thing is only a problem with the 450 size. I've never even thought my 500 was thinking about tipping on take off. Interesting. I'll be getting my 3.1 3GX on a new 450 soon, guess I'd better watch that first takeoff.

mine will tip on the ground but takes a bit of time to do so, or it has done once in the past anyway,

I just get it in the air quick anyway, of late though I have nearly been caught out with how quick it gets off the ground while spooling up and keeps on going a little cos of the rise in head speed,

may have to do a short video of it spooling up on the ground to see how long before it starts to tip.

Top Bottom