Tomxl3's HK250GT / 250T-Rex Align complete tail upgrade!

tomxl3

hi tony and others here :) this is my souped up !HK250 GT maiden after the upgraded tail same problems that you had with yours tony :( so it cost me about another $100 bucks to get it working rite but fly's great now:)
The original belt broke on first spool up:pissed-off: so that's when i decided to change the whole tail to align:D with the Chinese weight upgrade ! the tail itself on my kit was good because i used red locktite on it but after a few flites it got loose and i had to keep an eye on it so i opted the for the align one piece pitch slider arm mount and it fly's great now enjoy !:cool:[video]http://www.youtube.com/user/tomxl3?feature=mhum#p/u[/video]
p.s the real T-Rex 250 SE is in the basement in the works! could of saved a few bucks buying it in the first place LOL!!:rolleyes:

<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mjKXiGCHuMY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mjKXiGCHuMY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="390"></embed></object>

Tony

Staff member
Sorry about this being moderated, it shouldn't have, and I don't know why it was. Also, I added the embed code to your post. That way, those of us that have iphones can watch the video. For some reason, when you link to a channel, you can't watch any of the videos on there...

Tony

Staff member
Watching the video now on my phone. Man that is one of the most stable 250's I have ever seen. Can you give specs on the motor, servos, esc, gyro, and everything else? Maybe some good pics? I'm very interested in this now. Great flying.

And whoever was sitting in that chair did not look impressed with you flying in the house lmao

tomxl3

that was my cousin shes handy-caped she was in a bad mood all day ;) but shes harmless the specs are on you-tube under my comments i was very sup prized myself:) hope that helps tony do you still have yours?

tomxl3

here if you can't see it on your phone ive copied it to paste here
(quote)
theHK 250 GT has a bad tail design the boom clamp is too small for the boom and also the belt sucks lasted one spool up and shredded to pieces the tail is not so bad if you use red locktite to hold it together they are known to fall apart!
mine almost did till i did a check and seen the screws were loose so i replaced with new align one with Chinese weights also a big warning the feathering shafts are very dangerous please use align ones because if you don't like knifes flying at you! change it!!! so you can call it 50% hk250 gt /50%trex250 Frankenstein LoL:) but Flys great! here are the specs

1-18Amp plush esc from www.hobbyking.com
1-align bl250sp 3900kv brush less motor with 15 tooth pinion www.rotorquest.com
1-orange RX 6ch dms2 from www.hobbyking.com
1-ga-250 mini mems gyro www.hobbyking.com
1-hgd digital261hb carbone gear servo for tail www.hobbyking.com
3- hxt 900 9g servos cyclic www.hobbyking.com
hk 250gt kit www.hobbyking.com
align 250 t-rex feathering shafts www.rotorquest.com
align t-rex 250 belt www.rotorquest.com
align t-rex 250 boom clamp & boom & tail train www.rotorquest.com
align t-rex Chinese weight upgrade for tail www. rotorquest.com
also bearings to replace the bushings in the Metal Flybar Seesaw Holder! www.rotorquest.com
reduces sloppiness;) beside that its stock hk250gt flys rock solid great little heli but i could of bought a real align t-rex 250 for cheaper so i did and its being built rite now:)
... (more info)
(less info)

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony

Staff member
That sounds a lot like my setup. Same motor, same esc kinda, I'm getting to where I don't trust teh Rx's, but I will still put one on this little guy, I have two of the mems gyros on the way, one is for the 250, looked rock solid. But, I'm going to order some MG90S servos for it. Overkill? Yup lmao. But, they will never go bad lol. I will also be upgrading a lot like you did to get it to fly correctly. Great Heli.

Tony

Staff member
The pics look great. The only thing that I would do different on that heli, is move the balls in on the servo arms to get the links a little more straight. Other than that, man it looks great. I can't wait to get mine in the air now...

Top Bottom