Motors tiger motor prop adaptor

Baz

Hi all
I have some tiger motors and with them there is the adaptor.Do I fit the prop then the shaped washer then the nut AND the cone shaped prop nut
OR do I fit the nut OR the cone shaped nut
cheers
Baz

Lee

On my fm4008 you put the shaped washer first, the prop, then the cone nut or the normal nut

Tony

Staff member
Correct. If you have enough thread left after putting the prop on, use the spinner with some blue thread lock. If you only have a couple threads, use the nut. If you are using a nose cone that has the back that goes on before the prop, then you screw the cone to the backing plate, you will also use the regular nut. Hope that made sense lol.

Baz

Got the first part,not sure about this bit "If you are using a nose cone that has the back that goes on before the prop, then you screw the cone to the backing plate, you will also use the regular nut"

Tony

Staff member
I was referring to the picture below. The flat plate will go on the motor shaft, then the prop, then the regular nut.

DYN_P-51_spinner.jpg

DYN_P-51_spinner.jpg

Lee

He doesn't have that. the motors come with a standard nut and a cone shaped nut. Same thing just different shape.

Tony

Staff member
Right, I was just trying to say if he was using a nose cone like pictured, he wouldn't have to use the screw on nose cone that you are talking about.

WyDiablo

I have always put the prop followed by the washer thats flat on one side and oval on top then the nut followed by a second nut used as a lock nut

Tony

Staff member
IMO, it really doesn't matter where that washer goes. I have seen no good reason to put it in front of, or behind the prop.

Tasajara

The washer goes on top of the prop ( this will give you better compression as without the washer the nut could dig in on one of the flats before it gets tight enough), then second the prop nut, and last the tapered cone nut if you like.
I use the tapered cone as a locking nut to keep the prop nut from coming off.
You can put them on without the the locking nut if you like or just use the cone nut only many ppl do. I put it on my quads
just for that extra safety factor. The higher end tiger motors like my MT 4006-13 has the capability
of using the 6MM CCW NUT prop adapter. So the prop trying to spin off would cause the nut to tighten.

But mechanically speaking it is a washer. Therefore it goes between the moving part (the propeller spinner nut/ prop nut) and the stationary part (the propeller).

How you do it is all up to you.... :)

propadapter.jpg

propadapter.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Baz
Top Bottom