Batteries Thunder power, 2250mah 45c,

i want to solder my batteries up but im not sure exactly how to go about doing it.. if anyone would like to Skype me its clavebeck thanks.

well all of it mostly, i have 2 plugs i have th deens ultra plug 1 pair and then a deans female ultra plug 2 back.. im not ssure where they go...

Tony

Staff member
The female plug will go on the battery, and the male will go on the ESC. I had a How to solder video at one time, but I cant' find it on youtube. I will see if I can edit the video adn reupload it. it's pretty old, so not the best quality, but it should help you out in soldering it. Let me see if I can get that video edited and uploaded.

Tony

Staff member
Ah, yeah I'm only on my 3rd cup of the day lmao.

I have never used them but as long as they work, they should be fine. I know there are a few of them that are using them and like them.

Tony

Staff member
That really depends on how you take care of them. If you ALWAYS put them in a storage charge after you are done flying for a day, you can expect 100+ flights out of a pack. If you leave it discharged or fully charged, then you could cut the life in half or more.

hey tony if ur around hit me up on skype my name is slisted above ill be on there im going to try this solding **** now that its nice out and i have 20 flight hours on the simulator

Derek

Honestly, I can't imagine that the shrink wrap is 100% necessary. You could probably get away with wrapping the soldered joints with electrical tape, but be sure to wrap the soldered joints with something. The shrink wrap or tape is there to prevent the two battery leads from arching and causing a short, therefore damaging the battery or causing a fire or whatever. The shrink wrap is just a "clean" way to cover the leads. You should be able to find shrink wrap nearly anywhere and it's not that expensive at all.

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
Boom! JK you wouldn't want to risk anything. just go get some at your local hardware store. i have had the two leads touch. lucky me no fire but it did sure unsolder the wire quicker than i soldered it and with a spark. LOL

Top Bottom