Spektrum "Throttle Hold" settings and how to actuate them

EyeStation

The following question has come to mind after reading posts of landing and doing a "Wall Stop". In the description of the landing they, (Sorry I did not dig up the post before starting this), mentioned hitting the TH and let the head speed bleed off while increasing the collective till she sets down.
In the throttle curves section of our DX6i's there is the "Throttle Hold" flat line adjustment.
Is this how that is set, and how do you activate this in flight?

Tony

Staff member
First and foremost, you don't bleed the head speed off, that is just asking for it to drop out of the sky like a rock.

Autorotations are a helicopters way of landing without power. You can lose power when flying, give a few degrees of negative pitch as it's falling to keep the blades spinning and when you are about 5' off the deck, start adding positive collective until your skids touch the ground, then go full negative pitch to hold it there. This is the reason I run a linear curve on pitch in ALL settings.

Throttle hold in the menu will have a flat 0 curve. To activate it, you just flip the far back right switch on your Tx. When you do this, you will have NO throttle, but full collective and cyclic movement. Hope this helps.

Top Bottom