The Walk

treff

Do you know according to a leading phycologist who happens to be interested in flying rc helicopters every time you crash and do that walk of shame a little part
of your brain dies. He says helicopters come from the word HELL and the copter bit comes from the word cortex. That's the part of the brain that controls
everything. Well nearly everything, everything except dumb thumbs and that comes from the Latin of "OH crap" which in turn comes from a corruption of the Chinese word
%^&*&^%$%@@&& which translated back is hobbyking. You have been warned which in turn comes from the us word that translates to BS. Cheers

murankar

Staff member
Did someone have a premature encounter with Terra firma? If so sorry to hear that. What were you doing? Something new I hope?

treff

I just let the heli get away from me a little. Got caught by a strong thermal before I knew it the heli was way high. Lost orientation, pull a wrong one, went inverted
and down it came like an express train. I didn't panic, actually thought there would be nothing left when it hit the ground. It was so high I had time to roll it
back the right way up and a few feet off the deck I whack in full throttle and up it shot like a rocket almost to where it was before LOL. Managed to get back down to my usual 6 foot off the deck but noticed the heli had developed a wobble. The stress had actually bent the main shaft. I call this heicopter
HK 450 URI Geller Mk1 pro2. Cheers

Derek

I'm sorry to hear about the crash, treff, but I was laughing so hard because of the way that you worded your original post. That was funny!!!

pvolcko

Doesn't sound like he crashed. Just stressed the hell out of it and the cheap ass HK parts deformed in flight. Which kinda sounds cool, actually. :)

murankar

Staff member
Treff if that flight stressed out your parts then consider using Tarot or Align for your next replacements. The main shaft should not have warped that easy.

treff

Well it goes to prove one thing there is Chinese plastic and there is Chinese steel, there just ain't no difference. Or it could be I flew to close to the sun LOL I think
some guy already did that, Icarus, LOL, anyway I'm ready for my next crash, just ordered barrow load of feathering shafts and main shafts, the special, special ones this time,
the ones that have been blessed by the pagan god of all things rotary. I want the same steel that they used in my lawn mower. I crashed and bashed that more than a few times
and chew up stones and dirt, nothin bent there. So please use that special, special hard stuff. Cheers

Top Bottom