Projects The Trainer

Tony

Staff member
You can use depron, but you will need to add supports to parts of the plane. Just feel for what parts are flexing and support them with carbon fiber rods, fiberglass rods or even BBQ skewers can work.

Tony

Staff member
It's definitely what I would suggest. Use the white, not the black. The adhesive on the black is horrible.

MurryB

Thanks to all of you. I have cut the patterns out, today I'am going to try and put them together.

Tony

Staff member
Unfortunately life got in the way and stayed in teh way and I have not created a video or write up on the V3. What pieces are you having a hard time with? Pictures or screen shots would be great.

Tony

Staff member
I'm not quite sure what you mean by center and third section. I may need to pick up some foamboard and just do a live stream building this plane. Or... create new plans that have a traditional wing rather than KFM style lol.

MurryB

correct me if I am wrong you have a bottom layer, a middle layer, and a top layer right. Tony how do i shorten my screen name down to MurryB.

Tony

Staff member
Correct, the top and bottom layers are one piece that fold over the center layer. Peel off the paper from the inside where you make the bend, and be careful to not snap the paper on the outside.

As for changing username, you can request a username change once per year by going to the following link and click on change.

MurryB

Well have most of the patterns tape together and i don't think i will have any trouble doing the rest.

Tony

Staff member
Sweet. And I have approved your username request. Be sure to post up some pictures when you are done with the plane!

Top Bottom