General The next step.

concodd

Well, I now seem to have power and my ESC and SBEC seem to be performing as they should. But now I am a little unsure what to do first. I have centred all the servo's however they are not all 100% level, do I do the adjustment on these now? before I proceed with 3GX setup?

Tony

Staff member
The first thing is to set your servo arms 90º to the links. If they are perfectly 90 and your linkages are the same length, then your swash will be level. If it's not level, then the linkages or the arms could be off, but you will have to find out what the issue is. And make sure you are in DIR mode, but you can use subtrim to perfectly adjust the setup. But you MUST be in DIR mode.

Tony

Staff member
Nope, DIR mode in the 3GX. You will push and hold the set button (after turning on your Tx which should be bound to the helicopter) as you plug in the battery. The green lights will start to count down, and you release the button before it reaches the last light. This will bypass the gyros and allow you to set it up properly.

Watch this video, it will help you out. There are more in the series on the RcHelpDotCom YouTube channel.
3GX Setup Guide Part 2 DIR & Governor Setup - YouTube

Top Bottom