The New Corsair

Tony

Staff member
Is that yours? If so, we are going to need a LOT more detailed pictures of it lmao.

Blade_flyer

I love flying it! I did need to angle the gear forward from where it was at. Tends to nose over if you come it hot.

Attachments

• IMG_5345.JPG
    IMG_5345.JPG
    551 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_5366.JPG
    IMG_5366.JPG
    116.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_5381.JPG
    IMG_5381.JPG
    514.3 KB · Views: 15

RandyDSok

I love flying it! I did need to angle the gear forward from where it was at. Tends to nose over if you come it hot.

In the end... It's probably going to be easier to learn to land it correctly than to modify the landing gear and then get it to retract properly.

Having said that ( saying it is the easy part )... I nosed over quite a lot and never got consistent when landing my P-51D's I had... One thing that helped was to practice my stalls while high enough to recover, knowing that speed will help a lot when you are landing.

Blade_flyer

In the end... It's probably going to be easier to learn to land it correctly than to modify the landing gear and then get it to retract properly.

Having said that ( saying it is the easy part )... I nosed over quite a lot and never got consistent when landing my P-51D's I had... One thing that helped was to practice my stalls while high enough to recover, knowing that speed will help a lot when you are landing.

The design of the model has the too far back. It is directly on the CG. In the stock configuration it would not taxi on the grass. By adding a 1/4 in wedge under the gear it moved it just forward enough to be under the leading edge of the wing. All fine now on grass or pavement.

Michael Scott

Nice looking plane I have an 1150mm that I don't have the stones to fly yet, its my second plane I bought and after getting it ready to fly didn't want to see parts all over the place since I am a novice at this only been flying for over a year.

Attachments

• F4U Corsair.JPG
    F4U Corsair.JPG
    168.1 KB · Views: 7

Tony

Staff member
I have a 63" nitro balsa F4U out in my garage that I have never flown lmao. I love this plane.

murankar

Staff member
You have got to be kidding me. That feild looks like the one I use in neXtRc.

Oh that F4U looks sweet by the way.

Top Bottom