The Long Awaited HK600GT Maiden Flight!!!

Tony

Staff member
That's right everyone, the 600 FINALLY went into the air. And it sounds AWESOME! When it first goes up, I have to put in a LOT of stick input to get control of it. Twitchy? Nope! Just the opposite. It was too soft on the sticks. So, I landed it, put it from 70% throws with +35 Expo, to 100% throws, and 35% expo, adn it was perfect. I didn't have to trim anything, it was just dead stable in the air. Now, with the wind, it was not near as stable as I was hoping it would be, but If this had been my 450, I would have been fighting it. This thing is great. Also, I noticed that there is a horrible wobble in the main/auto gear, so that is going to have to be replaced.

Oh, and this was shot with the GA-250 MEMS gyro on there. That's right, I put that gyro on a 600 sized heli, and it worked flawlessly. Below is the link to it. It's well worth the wait and cost. I will be ordering more and replacing every gyro that I own!!!

Also, here is a full list of everything that I have on this helicopter, including the gyro.

HK600GT Kit - HK-600GT 3D Electric Helicopter Kit w/o blades (USA Warehouse)
Motor - Turnigy Typhoon 600H Heli Motor 1100kv (600 class)
ESC - Hobbyking SS Series 190-200A ESC
BEC - Turnigy 5A (8-26v) SBEC for Lipo
Servos - BMS-661DMG+HS Super Fast Digital Servo (MG) 6.4kg / .08sec / 46.5g
Gyro - HobbyKing GA-250 MINI-MEMS Gyro
Blades - .60 class Fiberglass Main Blade 600mm
Battery - Turnigy 3000mAh 6S 20C Lipo Pack - Great for T-Rex 500 (USA Warehouse)
Reciever - OrangeRx Spektrum DSM2 Compatible 6Ch 2.4Ghz Receiver

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0HaH9LjvAUI?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0HaH9LjvAUI?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Let me know what you think!

Whirlybird

Hey Now!! There's the Man!!!!!!

:party: Congrats Tony :party: That heli is almost as big as you :lol:

I noticed that the video was kind of pixely up until about 2:40 min then it cleared up .

Last edited:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
DUDE!! i donno what i am more happy about seeing you or seeing your heli!! would say both! GOOD JOB!!:yourock: VERY VERY GOOD JOB ON THE 600...

that thing is HUGE and awesome! Dude, this thing looks so stable, but so intimidating. Man! I liked this video a lot, esp when you were flying from the background. You should get a photographer (like me) 8) to take do a good photography session of you fkying this heli! :)

A lot of :respekt: to you man! and how tall are u? lol... just wanna know how tall the heli is... (no other reason :p ) lol!

P.S: i do wonder what i heard in the background when you were flying in towards the start of the flight.. it was a like a noise.. i thought was coming from the heli and it was a loud mixed kinda noise.. but might just be your background.. can hear only in headphones. :)

LOOking forward to some fff on this one!

Tony

Staff member
Let me know at what time you are talking about on the noise and I will try to let you know. And, the heli at the tip of the blade stands at 58" I believe. Just shy of 5'.

Tony

Staff member
Oh, that sound you heard is right as it's taking off. It's actually an audience applauding that it left the ground. Yup, I have a fan gathering that stands behind the camera out of view that is paid to yell and clap.... Yeah right, it's just a sound effect lol. Glad you really enjoyed the video. And, I have been looking for someone like me with a good camera that is wanting to take some really good high speed shots of the aircraft in flight. But, no one wants to do it for what I want to pay lmao. And as for the FFF, well that will be a while. I'm no pro at flying, not even close. I can work on them, and let them up the way they need to be, but when it comes to flying, dumb thumbs get in the way lol.

Lee

Nice one Tony. They fly so good. I'm thinking you'll need to paint that canopy to see it more than 10ft away :D Looks like tomorrow maybe flyable woohooooo.

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
Good deal bro! You are making me want to build one now ... oh, wait ... I need to learn how to fly these crazy beasts first! :chuckles:

Tony

Staff member
lol, thanks guys. Yeah, I'm trying to make up for not posting any videos last week. It was a bad week last week for the site, and it shows.

Lee, if you get yours up in the air, Lets see some good video, not that onboard that you have been showing, I want to see it from the ground this time lol.

And Paul, It may be better to start with this 600 hehe. Your wife would kick your butt all the way out here to Oklahoma lmao

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
... And Paul, It may be better to start with this 600 hehe. Your wife would kick your butt all the way out here to Oklahoma lmao
No, not "all the way to Oklahoma", it would be one single drop kick to Oklahoma. She doesn't mess around :chuckles:

Tony

Staff member
hahaha, just wait until you drag your kids into doing this hehe. Oh she will be mad...

Top Bottom