Testing Out A New Plane

Tony

Staff member
Well I'm getting ready to head outside since it's calm here and test out a plane that I have been working on for quite some time. What is this plane, you will just have to wait and find out. It's one that I have not seen much, but is one of my favorite planes. The bad thing is, the wings are small, and the CoG is way forward of where I thought it would be. The last tests ended in disaster since the nose kept heading straight for the ground. Now that it's rebuilt, I will give it a go.

This will also be a test for the OrangeRx's on the DX8. Word is, you will lose connection and your plane will go plummeting to the ground in a horrible manner lmao. I guess I will find out if this thing flys.

Man I hope it does lmao.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
new plane? i think its the edge 540 50" .. when it was maidened at that airfield of yours..

anywaz... set your fail safe correctly so atleast plane levels out when lost connectivity..

hope it goes well!! :)

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Now wait a darn minute! If you know that the orange x won't work why sacrifice a plane put in one of the Rx's that came with the tx and don't take that chance of losing that plane!M only commen sense!

Tony

Staff member
Nope, it's not the Edge lol. It's a much faster "Jet" than that :biggrin1:

On a side note..

IT FLEW :yahoo:

It's still pretty nose heavy, very twitchy. I tried lowering the travel and upping the expo, but then it became non responsive. So, a simple flip of the switch, and I was back to being twitchy as hell, but flyable lol. I have not been this shakey flying any helicopter, wow lmao. It's been a while. Feels good to toss something into the air though and see it fly through the sky. I did take video.

First launch it headed for the ground and banked right and couldn't pull it out. Tried a lighter battery, but not enough power to push the plane and that one met the same fate. Put the first battery in, gave it a lot of left aileron and up elevator, and she wobbled her butt into the air lmao. After a LOT of trimming, she was screaming through the sky. Slow passes, um no lmao. It wanted to fall out of the sky. But, I got some decent high speed passes seeing as I had to keep it at full throttle at all times lmao.

That was fun!

Tony

Staff member
Now wait a darn minute! If you know that the orange x won't work why sacrifice a plane put in one of the Rx's that came with the tx and don't take that chance of losing that plane!M only commen sense!

hahaha, if this was a balsa plane that I cared about, I would have put it in there. But, I wanted to test out the OrangeRx with this Tx. If it didn't work, then I only lost a $7 Rx, 3 cheap servos, wait, everything is cheap lmao. IT's a foamie. If something happened, I didn't want to damage a good Rx.

Tony

Staff member
Actually no, and I want to rebuild that one. I will need a lot more battery for it though. If you remember, that battery got very hot lmao. Well, after I killed two ESC's at the same time hehe.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
That hobby lobby balsa build you did! ??

Doesn't seem
Right cause you say it is faster. Hmmm

Tony

Staff member
No, that is the Balsa and MonoKote Telemaster. I would not do the OrangeRx to that thing, although I do have to get it flying. It's just hanging there lmao.

For the second flight, check out THIS THREAD

Top Bottom