Quad TBS flight board problem

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Well I guess after so many times plugging in and out the USB cord, couple of motor wires came loose :whining:. So I guess I have to solder the wire back onto the board? Your kidding me , right IMG_1103.JPG I don't think I have the right equipment to do it :thinking:.

IMG_1103.JPG

Tony

Staff member
It's not that bad. Just tin the pads, strip and tin the wire (very short) and solder it on.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
It's not that bad. Just tin the pads, strip and tin the wire (very short) and solder it on.

Suuuuuure, easy said then done. I have problem soldering my batteries for the helis Lol. :thinking: I guess it's a good time to learn how. I just wish it wasn't on a quad that I just got. Never had the chance to fly and now it's going to be a $149.00 guinea pig for me to learn how to solder. Go figure. Expensive lesson to learn I guess Lol.

Stambo

Grab something electronic thats broken, rip the board out of it and practice until you are happy. :)

Tasajara

if you are not sure if you can see what you are doing just get one of these...

I used it on the 4 pins I had to jump out for Futaba S-Bus on my Revolt V2
Makes it a lot easier to do. As Tony said tint the pad and the wire. But also put a tiny dot of
solder on the tip of the iron. The molten solder will help the solder flow at the time you touch the
wire with it laying on the pad.

Tony

Staff member
When I'm doing stuff like this, I have a pair of 3.5x glasses that I use. Sometimes, things are so small that I have to not only use my glasses, but also my magnifying glass lamp on my desk together. And definitely invest in a good soldering iron. Ones made for automotive are not good for stuff like this. My hakko is quite old and I'm still using the original tip! The cheap tips I have for it that are much smaller are already almost eaten through. I will never waste my money again.

Top Bottom