TAROT

tarot960

I've been building RC helicopters (Align) for the past 10 years (FB). Now I'm building my last one for a friend: Align T-Rex 450 Pro V2 w/3GX v4.0.
I am getting confused on the instruction manual about witch set-up am I supposed to follow. The user is a beginner so I set up pitch curve as explained in the manual i.e. -2, +5 and +10 degrees. Now in the 3GX section of the manual it is said to be -10, 0 and +10 otherwise the 3GX will not work properly. Witch set-up am I suppose to go by? Will my beginner end up with a wild 3D machine or will he be able to gently learn how to lift, hover and practice basic manoeuvers? Thanks guys

Derek

Hi there and welcome to the forum! We are glad to have you here.

When you get time, I'd like to ask you to post your questions in the "Helicopter" section of the forum. This is the section of the forum for "New Member Introductions". Since you are referring to a 450 sized helicopter, go to the 450 Sized Helicopter section of the forum and post your questions there. We appreciate it.

Tony

Staff member
Hey, welcome to the forum. I'm going to go ahead and answer your questions in here even though we are not supposed to.

The answer to your question is, you will do both. And here is how I would set it up.

The 10/10 they state on the pitch is what you want to set the head up with at first. You will want a linear pitch curve in the Tx to do this. Make sure you have 0 pitch at mid stick then you will check for 10/10 at high and low stick. Make sure you are also doing this in DIR mode on the 3GX.

To lower it where you only have about -2 on the pitch at low stick, you will set your normal pitch curve to 46 48 50 75 100. This will limit your low stick pitch, but yet it will also still give you full positive pitch, and from mid stick to full stick it will be the same in idle up. I do NOT suggest what they post in that manual, it's way too confusing for a new pilot.

For more info on this, I have a full set of 3GX setup videos as well as many other videos in the Articles section. Just click on the Articles link above and select "3GX" from the menu. Make sure you check otu the other menu's as there is a lot of great information in there. Hope this helps, and never hesitate to ask questions. That is what we are here for!

:welcome1:

Top Bottom