450 Tarot zyx and spektrum rx

hi people

can anyone help me with this tarot zyx gyro and getting it connected to the Blade 450 3D RX(spektrum Ar6115e)

ive followed wiring diagrams on the web and various youtube vids but it still doesnt work

when i power the heli up i always get the 3 lights flashing until i press the little button on the side, then i get a blue light on constantly, although sometimes it flashes, ive even had the yellow light flash... nightmare man...

ive installed some PC software from fbl.net website, it runs OK and connects OK

when i move the TX sticks nothing happens on the heli even though the servos are ticking away on there own

does the tarot need binding into RX? i cant find much on the web

help would be appreciated

murankar

Staff member
No it should not need binding. I would start by connecting the throttle cable to the rx and the jumper wires from the gyro to the rx.

Initialize the system and wait for a solid red light. Plug in the pc cable to the gyro before powering on. Hook up to pc and start the fbl.net software. The factory software will give you the wire diagram.

If you have the S version you should have 3 cables plus pc link. 2 cables will have three wires and 2 servo ends the last should have 3 wires and 4 servo ends.

If everything is plugged up right then the fbl.net software should read the inputs from the tx in the monitor screen. On the monitor screen you will set channel reversing and channel end points to accommodate the right amount of travel.

You will need to set up the tx so that it has 0 mixing or single servo mixing. The gyro handles the collective and cyclic mixing.

If you can get that far then the rest is simple, just follow the tabs in order and do what each step says.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

im wishing i never bothered with this tarot zyx...

this is how ive wired it up

the Pit/ELE/Aux input on the zyx has 3 wires on individual connectors, white, red and black - the black is plugged into the GEAR input on the RX - the white into the AUX 1 on the RX - the red into the ELEV on the RX

one of the 3 wire leads goes from the zyx AIL port to the AIL on the RX - the other 3 wire lead goes from the RUD port on the zyx to the RUDD on the RX

the THROT on the RX goes straight to the ESC

the other 4 ports on the zyx go to their relevant servos..

my DX6i is setup according to various youtube vids which im sure is correct, 90 degree swash etc etc

ok so power up the TX, with the USB lead NOT connected power up heli - absolutely nothing happening other than the RX light is ON - no light on the zyx, no twitching of servos - dead...

with the USB lead connected - power up heli - all 3 leds are on, they actually flash very slowly, on more than off - press the set button - all light go out

i wish it was as simple as you say Murankar..

Derek

I've actually heard some great things about the ZYX gyros. One of my Youtube buddies uses the ZYX brand on all his helicopters (7 in total). Matthias seems to be the ZYX guru around here. I'm sure he'll be able to get you sorted out.

murankar

Staff member
Your mechanical setup needs to be spot on. The tail will need to be at 8° pitch while at center in rate mode. This is critical to have correct or your tail will drift while in head hold, well at least mine did.

I had to do many hover flights to get the tail to stop drifting.

I've actually heard some great things about the ZYX gyros. One of my Youtube buddies uses the ZYX brand on all his helicopters (7 in total). Matthias seems to be the ZYX guru around here. I'm sure he'll be able to get you sorted out.

I hope he sees this post then because it will be going in the bin soon....lol

Thanks Derek

- - - Updated - - -

Your mechanical setup needs to be spot on. The tail will need to be at 8° pitch while at center in rate mode. This is critical to have correct or your tail will drift while in head hold, well at least mine did.

I had to do many hover flights to get the tail to stop drifting.

Thanks Murankar, I don't see this thing ever going in the air again, more like the wheely bin....lol

I've searched the web for solutions there's just nothing out there which is weird considering how many people use them...

murankar

Staff member
If the gyro is not lighting up then power is not getting to it. The esc goes to the rx and then the rx provides power to the gyro through the provided cables.

Disconnect the servos till you get to that step in the setup. All that should be hooked up right now is the throttle to the rx and the provided wires to the rx.

Keep in mind i have the -S version so my stuff maybe slightly different. All though the differences should only be firmware do to the added aircraft on the -S.

I am not sure if you can direct power the zyx. If could that will determine if it works.

When the gyro initializes it will flash a few times then the servos will jump a bit then the red light should be solid.

Last edited:
If the gyro is not lighting up then power is not getting to it. The esc goes to the rx and then the rx provides power to the gyro through the provided cables.

Disconnect the servos till you get to that step in the setup. All that should be hooked up right now is the throttle to the rx and the provided wires to the rx.

Keep in mind i have the -S version so my stuff maybe slightly different. All though the differences should only be firmware do to the added aircraft on the -S.

I am not sure if you can direct power the zyx. If could that will determine if it works.

When the gyro initializes it will flash a few times then the servos will jump a bit then the red light should be solid.

disconnected servos and it lights up now, all 3 leds flash slowly, this is with USB disconnected, getting there Murankar.... acording to the manual if all lights flash it means its initialising, but i left them for 20 mins earlier and it didnt initialise....

if i now press the Set button nothing happens, but if i press and hold it for a couple of seconds the red light flashes, this means an error occured during initialisation

- - - Updated - - -

ohh ive changed the battery to a fresh one

murankar

Staff member
Okay if the boot process faild do a reboot and see what happens. On mine i have to do a reboot to get everything working right.

If i recall i had something similar happen. Disconnected the servos and all was good. In the end i had servo wire issues that i had to fix.

Anyhow get the system to boot then hook up to the pc and get the radio setup.

a reboot just does the same thing, all 3 lights flashing all the time, no servos connected, nor PC, new battery. if i press the set button nothing happens, but if i hold it down the red light flashes..... this is impossible, i appreciate your help though Muranker, thanks

- - - Updated - - -

now ive got the blue light, powered up got 3 steady lights, waited for several minutes but no initialisation so pressed the set button, got flashing yellow, pressed again then got steady blue

going to try software now

murankar

Staff member
Okay, i have yet to use my set button so i dont know what its for.

Right now i am in the middle of a change out on my kit. Headaches all around.

My zyx appears DEAD, no lights on power up, when I press the set button I get a red flashing light, can't connect with pc anymore..

Time to give up!!! Or buy another one!!

Thanks for the help Murankar

chrisrock

get a 3d-h v2, it's easier to setup, it's the same as the hb800 but it's newer version with sat support and other functions. I should of got it, but I ended up buying a blue gyro instead, I'm still waiting for it to arrive and see if it's any good.

get a 3d-h v2, it's easier to setup, it's the same as the hb800 but it's newer version with sat support and other functions. I should of got it, but I ended up buying a blue gyro instead, I'm still waiting for it to arrive and see if it's any good.

Just checked that out, looks like a much better gyro than the zyx, hobbyking haven't any stock at mo but I'll seriously think about getting one, thanks Chrisrock.

I've managed to get all lights back on on this stupid zyx but still not responding to dx6i stick inputs....

murankar

Staff member
The hb800 i just got has sat support. It also has futuba and ppm support. I have the v2.

As for the zyx, since you just got it i would do an exchange first. See if maybe you got a bum unit, which is possible. I have a bad scorpion power station and got it replaced. If the second one is bummed then go with an alternate.

Sorry to hear about you bad luck.

The hb800 i just got has sat support. It also has futuba and ppm support. I have the v2.

As for the zyx, since you just got it i would do an exchange first. See if maybe you got a bum unit, which is possible. I have a bad scorpion power station and got it replaced. If the second one is bummed then go with an alternate.

Sorry to hear about you bad luck.

thanks Murankar, just got in from work... the guy who sold me it is going to talk me through some procedures he uses to get it going, so ill see what happens there..

thanks for your help

murankar

Staff member
Not a problem, just ask away. Just remember that i have the -S model so some of my info my not apply. I will do the best i can to help.

Not a problem, just ask away. Just remember that i have the -S model so some of my info my not apply. I will do the best i can to help.

Murankar, I've got the S model too, do you know how to restore factory defaults on it, can't find anything on google or YouTube.

Top Bottom