Setups Tarot Gimbal

WyDiablo

Yea I did see that in my research a few days back. I found a single axis gimbal w/servos that will work for what I need just fine. Trying to find a place for the servos on the Tarot is a pain. I guess I will end up with them under the motors. I also saw where they were talking about making sure that the motors were at the same height I have never heard of that. Is that something that is just for the Tarot only?

Ktrpilot

I'm waiting on the tarot gimbal to turn up for use on a 500 heli I'm setting up for FPV and AP. probably not much use to you guys with quads but if you are interested I can let you know my .02 about it once it's up and running if you'd like?

WyDiablo

The gimbal that I ordered was the single axis gimbal w/servos and its have the weight of the Tarot T 2D brush less gimbal. I'll see how it does on my new 680MM Pro I might end up buying the T 2D if this gimbal does not work out

Ktrpilot

Absolutely. I'm due back to work on the 5th so will be away for 6 weeks but if it turns up before I go I can take it with me and perhaps do an unboxing or something in the mean time. The reason I chose the tarot T2D was because the videos that I have seen show it to be pretty much plug and play with regards to the gyro stabilisation and it's just a matter of plugging in a sat rx to control it remotely if you want that option too.

Stambo

I'm waiting on the tarot gimbal to turn up for use on a 500 heli I'm setting up for FPV and AP. probably not much use to you guys with quads but if you are interested I can let you know my .02 about it once it's up and running if you'd like?

I had the same idea but with the vibrations on a heli I doubt that you will get it smooth enough where you will be happy with the result.
Have a search, you will find very few people use smaller heli's for FPV and AP.
Those using larger heli's for AP tend to be professional and have tens of thousands of dollars invested.
There is a reason for that. :)
For AP, quad is the answer.

Ktrpilot

Someone says it's hard to do so naturally it's "challenge accepted" :) I agree the larger helis are the way to go for choppers anyway and I will eventually build an 800 for it, but that is something to work and save up towards and progress into slowly. The 500 is more about the learning curve for the time being its a stepping stone where I can experiment on a decent scale without cringing (too much) when it all goes pear shaped. I've had pretty good results so far with just a pool noodle, some torque tube packaging, a GoPro seat post mount and cable ties. Pretty agricultural some might say but I was surprised at the results And I know I can get it much smoother still. I wasn't going to be shooting any high budget action footage but for FPV it was perfectly fine. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WyDiablo

Well my gimbal is out for delivery today and I will see soon how it looks and works on my Tarot 680MM. But first I need to wait for my new PDB so I can get it wired up and tested. The gimbal I ordered is more than half the price of the T2D and half the weight. From what little video making I have done I know now matter what you use you will fight vibs and jello.

Tony

Staff member
Not if you get your props perfectly balanced. But that could take some time. Can't wait to see the new gimbal.

Ktrpilot

Balancing seems to be the secret sauce. The vibes I did have Id have put down to that. There seems to be a few different methods that guys are using to dynamically balance rotor blades anyway but all follow the same general principal. WyDiablo, im looking forward to seeing what you come up with with regards to servo mounting and how the footage comes out.. Keep us posted :) apparently mine is out for delivery too but I won't get it for another two weeks or so [emoji53].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ktrpilot

Hopefully I'll be getting my T2D tomorrow. With a whole heap of other goodies so I should be able to do abit of an initial impressions review soon.

WyDiablo

Well I got my gimbal but I have other build problems to overcome first before I can do a maiden or fpv with the gimbal. My Naza M V1 died and I"m trying to decide which one to buy and its a toss up between the Naza M Lite and the Naza M V2 and right now it looks like the Naza M V2 is about to win lolol.

Top Bottom