Taking advantage of 60 degree weather in december

Gerald

I realized the wind was dead still at 4:15 and it was still 60 degrees outside, so I grabbed a plane and my son and a camera, off to the field!
Video is little rough but I got video!
The plane is a scratch built flite test Old Fogey. I am still learning to fly and I still have to work on trimming the plane better but it flies slow enough that I can react and enjoy the flight time.
Scratch built old fogey - YouTube

Derek

That's fantastic, Gerald! Very cool! I'm glad to see that someone has got some flying weather. Your FT Old Fogey really looks good. Great job!!!

Ken Jackson

I just bought a new VisionAire and flew it twice, I can't wait to get it out again. Nice flight, not sure if I'm an old fogey yet or not. Is there an actual number or is it just how you feel, LOL

Ken

Gerald

Kenjack I'm 44 and I did not feel old until a few months ago, When I learned I will be a grandpa come MAY!
Tony, Don't rub it in! LOL

Ken Jackson

Alright you have to at least be over 50 to be an old fogey, and since my grandson is only 3 years old I'm gonna say you have to be retired to be an 'Old Fogey'

Ken

Gerald

34 if I decoded it correctly Tony!

OK kenjack I am not an 'Old Fogey' but I fly like one!
I get really nervous when the plane gets going really fast, just a product of my lack of experience. I am practicing on the phoenix sim and getting more confidence just takes time!

Derek

Hey Gerald, I imagine that we are in the same time zone. We're gonna have to hook up sometime and fly on the sim together.

murankar

Staff member
Well that's 2 of us that got 34. If that's right and Tony is not fibbing about his age. Lol!!!!!

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Ron B

Gerald
Nice job.
Was it just a bit tail heavy?
Waiting on weather can sure wear me down. I get antsier than a kid wanting candy.

Gerald

Gerald
Nice job.
Was it just a bit tail heavy?
Waiting on weather can sure wear me down. I get antsier than a kid wanting candy.

Actually it was I did not realize how much, I have corrected the problem and cant wait to put her back up again!
I have built 6 planes so far this winter 2 for a friend FT Bloody Wonders and 4 of my own, well 3 and the other one is on the bech as we speak. Also built a Snow Skidder and am helping a frind build his snow skidder.

Ron B

Well you did a great job of flying for being tail heavy
Keep it up. If you can't then just land it softly.

wolfman76

Well that's 2 of us that got 34. If that's right and Tony is not fibbing about his age. Lol!!!!!

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Well I'll tell you this guys I am 38 And Tony is about four years my younger... Tony is an old fart trapped in a young mans carcous. .. lol

Top Bottom