450 Tail Rudder problem

RC heli Rookie

Hi, Tony. I own an E-Razor 450 and recently I purchased a DX6i transmitter. I successfully installed the AR 6115e receiver that came with the transmitter and followed the instructions on your video for "CCPM complete setup". The only problem that I could not figure out is that the tail servo is not reacting to the rudder input for both sides. The tail just spins to right but no response to the left. I tried to center the servo by connecting the servo to the rudder input in the receiver and then back into the gyro. But the problem persist. Can you help me? .Tags: None
Categories:Helicopter . Report| Promote to Article| Email Blog Entry| Unsubscribe from this Blog Entry
« Prev Main Next » Comments
Inline Mod
Select AllDeselect AllInvert Selection Select Unapproved PostsSelect Deleted Posts. Tony - 2 Days Ago 19:18 | Edit | Reply .When you connected the servo directly to the Rx, did you have full control over the servo? And what gyro are you running. i will try to keep an eye on this blog, but for future reference, you will get much more help in the forum, and not in a blog. Let me know. . RC heli Rookie - 1 Day Ago 18:24 | Edit | Reply .My apologies, it is my first time in. The gyro that I have is the GY192 and when the servo was directly connected to the Rx it was behaving in the same manner. Thank you for your patience. . Tony - 1 Day Ago 18:54 | Edit | Reply .Hm okay lets start from the beginning. What are your endpoints set at? If you have more right than left (or vice versa) set in the endpoint menu, this would do what you are describing. Let me know and we will go from there. It may be easier to set another model up and start from scratch. I have found when this is a lot more useful than tracking down one specific issue. But, lets start with the endpoints.

OH, and no worries, I"m here to help. Just wanted to let you know people usually don't look at the blog much. It's more a personal record that people keep, well Paul and I anyway lol. If I could move this out to the forum, I would, but that option is not available to me. .

RC heli Rookie - 3 Minutes Ago 22:02 | Edit | Reply .My travel adjustments are all at 100%. Pitch Curve is as follows: Normal 45% 47.5% 50% 75% and 100%, Stunt 0-25-50-75-100% Hold 25-50-75-100.
Swash Mix - all al 60%. Gyro is 0- 70% and 1- 30%.

Tony

Staff member
Interesting, with that setup you should have plenty of movement with the tail. Can you get a video by chance showing the tail slider and the Tx stick? Also spooling up? That may help out.

RC heli Rookie

Hello, Tony. I connected the tail servo again directly to the Rx in the rudder channel and then back into the gyro. Now it seems to be working correctly. There still something else that I'm working on and it is that I don't see much cyclical movement in the swash plate. I compared the swash travel in the E-Razor on your video with mine, and when I have my throtle stick all the way down my swash plate stays higher than yours. Is it supposed to be lower? What can I do to correct that? Another thing that just started to happen is that when I bind the transmitter with the receiver there is a beep that only stops when I move the throtle hold switch to hold. But when I put it back the motor spins. And by the way thank you very much for your replies.

Tony

Staff member
If your in normal mode, the swash will not drop down that far. In idle up, it should. Check your pitch curve, if you have an idle up curve of 0 25 50 75 100, then you should have full movement. In normal mode though starting out, 45 47.5 50 75 100 is what I use.

Also, throttle curve on throttle hold should be 0 all the way across.

RC heli Rookie

Thank you. Your guidance have been very valuable. Can you give a hint in regards to the beep that I hear when I bind the TX with the Rx? It only stops when I move the throtle hold switch to the hold position. But when I move it back the motor spins. In my throtle curve,the throtle hold is set up at 0 all the way across.

Tony

Staff member
You need to reset your ESC. Here's how. Turn your Tx on and raise the throttle stick all the way. Plug the heli in. You will hear the ESC beep twice (on most), then lower the throttle stick. You will hear the ESC initialize and you are done.

what is happening is your ESC sees your throttle as being up just a small amount. You may be able to do it just by lowering the trim, but I suggest resetting the ESC so you have more throttle control. Let me know how it goes.

Top Bottom