450 tail lock issues

kirk

I'm in desperate need of some help, with gyro and posting!! Lol

- - - Updated - - -

My 3gx will not hold , act like the gain is to high but cannot adjust it out. Similar to the previous posting. Read it but didn't understand the assignment of the gyro

murankar

Staff member
If it feels mushy then the gain is to low. If it wags then the gain is to high. Now if the tail is holding but bobbles on stops then its a stop gain or pid gains.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

kirk

Thx for the help guys, something else has to be the issue besides gain setting on the gyro. It doesn't change when I when I change the value of the gain. I'm going to run threw setup from start to finish again. Also the 3gx has the v5 firmware, is there any issues with that version.

Ps , Tony's setup videos are awesome !!

murankar

Staff member
That gyro has tail issues to begin with. I hope you get it dialed in.

trainrider06

Put a KBar, BeastX, IKon, VBar or anything other than a 3GX on it....:) From what I've seen and heard those are hit or mis setting them up, and kinda difficult to set up also....

Tony

Staff member
Unfortunately you can not run the DX6i with satellites. You must use a separate Rx. With satellites, the gyro gain is on channel 7, but you don't have a 7th channel, and the governor is on channel 5. When you run a Rx (ar600, ar6010 or whatever), then the gyro gain is on channel 5 where you can get to it, and the governor is on channel 7 (which you can't use). Put a receiver on it and adjust your gyro gain to about 65% in the Tx and you should be pretty close.

trainrider06

???? I am confused?? Is this only for the 3GX system?
Because with my BeastX and DX6i I only had a Sat, as well the KBar...

trainrider06

Good Lord! I can't believe Align has such a system. Just makes me glad I never had to mess with the 3GX.
Well at least we have you and a few others on here that know that system.
I believe I'd have to rip the thing off and smash it with a hammer!

murankar

Staff member
I have never wanted to own one since I have heard of the issues. If you can get an Ar7200bx then your gyro and RX issues are solved, I think. I am not sure of the channel assignments on that version.

kirk

That's about what was going to happen trainrider, lol or pit a for sale sign on it !! I'm going to purchase a dx8 later this week, I believe that will solve the issues I have been having. Thx a bunch rider and Tony for everything. I'm planning on changing to flybarless system on my 500 , thinking about one with a bailout function , any good ones that you would recommend.

to all that posted here and on the other posts about the 3gx, thanks a bunch !!!!

trainrider06

The only one I have messed with that has bail out is the IKon, it's not a bad system ok to set up, it's very adjustable and that can make it a little difficult to initially set up if your not used to setting one up on the computer.
It was a little difficult setting up with a DX6i radio though.

The auto level feature can be hard to get right if your head is not level
when you lock in the auto level feature on it.
I prefer setting up a BeastX or a KBar though... Much more user friendly.

kirk

That's about what was going to happen trainrider, lol or pit a for sale sign on it !! I'm going to purchase a dx8 and receiver later this week, I believe that will solve the issues I have been having.Thx a bunch rider and Tony for everything. I'm planning on changing to flybarless system on my 500 , thinking about one with a bailout function , any good ones that you would recommend.

to all that posted here and on the other posts about the 3gx, thanks a bunch !!!!

n8lbv

Funny, my tail is holding PERFECTLY, I'm just having problems with the cyclic gain feeling too low even with them cranked all the way up.
Flyable but not quite right.. and no shakes or wags or anything in the AIL or ELEV axis with the gains turned fully up.
But turning them way up made a positive difference.. was unflyable to most with both set at "135".
Weird!
Sorry I'm mudding up your topic, I have another thread open for this net door :wink:

- - - Updated - - -

-ER next door.

kirk

Just checking in with you guys, the hell rips it up. Its my first flybarless setup, and is so responsive and agile. I'm just starting to learn 3d flight. Thx to all for the help!

Top Bottom