General Tail direction

concodd

I am trying to set my direction on my rudder with my 3GX but I appear to have no sensitivity because when I move the tail boom left or right there is no movement in any direction?

pvolcko

Need a 3GX guy to answer, but I think with v4.0 there is an issue that even in heading hold the tail will respond in a "rate" mode like way where it only moves the servo while the tail is in motion, at least while on the ground in the setup stage. Normally you make sure the gyro gain in the Tx is set to something in the middle of the heading hold range and it will respond and hold that response when you move the tail to either side.

Tony

Staff member
If you are not getting any movement when physically moving the tail, then you need to add some rate to your gyro menu in your Tx.

concodd

Have solved the problem by increasing what I am assuming is the sensitivity from 50% to 90% in the normal range, 50% to 90% on ST-1 and 50% to 60% in ST-2. My question is how sensitive does it have to be, and how do I know if I am on the right setting?

pvolcko

3GX guys needed again, but in my experience with other FBL units: You won't know until you take it up to hover and test it out. This is a Dx6i? Then 70-75 would probably be a good starting point. Dx7s or better, then 50ish is probably good as a starting point. When you hover it, if you notice it isn't holding well, then land and increase 5 points. Repeat until the tail does a fast wag, then back it off a few points at a time until it is steady.

concodd

Thanks Paul. 3GX people, when I am doing settings via my computer and I click on WRITE, does it tell me when it is finished or do I just guess, I seem to be waiting a while, I can hear things moving around but not sure if that is meant to be happening . Also I notice my rudder gain indicator on the computer jumping up and down as if trying to find a setting but not actually stopping any where.

Tony

Staff member
There will be a popup on the screen that says "write successful" or something. And do NOT try to fly this thing with a 90% gyro setting. If you are using a dx6i, start at 65% as I state in my videos.

Top Bottom