600 T-Rex 600e head setup

John-A

I have been flying my T-rex 600 for three years now and didn't realise that I had to get all the mixing and feathering arms at 90% as well as the swash at 50% stick until I watched Tonys great video on the complete head setup. I built it from the kit and just set the links to the size on the instructions and I just learned to fly it like as it was. I had just mastered loops with it so I can't wait till the weather over here gets better so that I can go out and try it again.
Just a couple of questions if I may? I have increased my cyclic pitch now to AIL 6.7 & ELE 6.8 by adjusting the swash AFR. Now I have AIL -60 ELE +60 & PIT +45 should I also increase the PIT to 60? And When setting up the blade pitch using a flybar locking tool should I also make sure that the tail boom is level?

-John

Tony

Staff member
Wasn't this question asked before? I could swear that I have had this exact question lmao. Must be getting old.

The PIT in the AFR menu is for the collective, AIL and ELE is for the cyclic. The PIT is NOT for the pitch servo, but all 3 servos collectively.

John-A

Hi Tony, I did post this message three days ago after watching you're complete head set up video. I posted at the bottom of the other messages and didn't get a response and thought I had posted in the wrong place so I posted here. Sorry if this was wrong.

Thanks for the reply and clarifying the AFR menu to me.

-John

Tony

Staff member
I could have sworn that I posted in that one lmao. I remember posting what i posted above. There have been a couple glitches on the forum from what other members have told me, maybe I was a victim of that lmao. Either way, hope the info was useful. If not, let me know and we can dive a little farther into it if need be.

John-A

Should my cyclic figures be the same as my collective figures i.e -60 +60 +60 and not -60 +60 +45?

-John

Tony

Staff member
No, PIT will have it's own number, but the AIL and ELE should have the same number.

Top Bottom