600 T-Rex 550E DFC

Doum066

Greetings guys,

I receive my new T-Rex 550E DFC kit, but the ESC was missing, so they'll send it next week, i wan't to start building it, i want to know if, while using a Turnigy Servo Tester as seen in this vid ;

HobbyKing - Turnigy 3-Mode Servo Tester - YouTube

I want to know, since i don't have yet the LiPo that can be plud in it as power source and since i do not have the ESC, if i can use my 500 70A ESC to power my DS615 Servos to plug in the horn at center position using this tester? Can it cause any prob using another ESC to power in Servo other than the Talon ESC that comes with the kit even though this ESC is fore 500 ESCs?

Thanks

xokia

I want to know, since i don't have yet the LiPo that can be plud in it as power source and since i do not have the ESC, if i can use my 500 70A ESC to power my DS615 Servos to plug in the horn at center position using this tester? Can it cause any prob using another ESC to power in Servo other than the Talon ESC that comes with the kit even though this ESC is fore 500 ESCs?

Thanks

You dont need an ESC at all just a BEC. You can use the BEC that is in a different ESC you just need to make sure the voltage is set to the correct level for the servos you are using.

Last edited:

Doum066

Well besides my crappy 600, all ESC i have are with BEC in the ESC, my 500 ESC is set to 5.5v, it's the RCE-BL70G, the BEC for my 600, it'S the stock one from the old 600 ESP with drive belt, i forgot that BEC it is, but i don't have any battery anyways that fits the connector for it, this 600 is a future sorta upgrade, rebuild with new stuffs... so i have no packs for it, so the only thing i can plug into the Tester is the RCE-BL70G. The 550 servos are DS615, from what i read, are 4.8-6v capable, so i presume there wouldn't be any problem? So much stuff to learn each days :) Electronics itself is something :)

Tony

Staff member
As long as you dont' spool the heli up, you can use just about any ESC out there as long as the BEC can handle the amp draw of standard size servos. You can build this kit and have it completely ready to fly before you get your ESC in the mail. All you need to do is power the gyro so that you can set it up and set the servos up.

Doum066

Thanks Tony, indeed it's not to spool up, i just want to get the servo horn on them before i get my ESC, i find it easier to built up half side of the heli, do the wiring, when most of it can be set on one side, just close the other side frame... i'Ve tok my 450 so much apart to do stuff and my 500.. amazing how it does help build a kit compared to my first one.... I Can'T wait to record the Maiden flight :) Vacation jsut started today, so i gess i'll have this beauty together before the end of my vacation and try it out...

This baby will also get a AR7200BX as receiver/FBL and a remote receiver plug to it, i'm addicted to Beastx :) I'm amaze how fast a new size heli gets to seem small, i remember the first time i'VE seen a 450, i was « damn this is huge and impressive », same when i got my 500, and now, i look at my 500 and it seems as small as my 450 from memories. :) But for now, that 500 seems like a monster... :)

At what heli size the main blades needs to be almost fixed-tight?

DAL2855

Banned
Typically, on these bigger birds, you get less wobble if you have your blades tightened down more than you would normally do like on a 450! Or atleast that was my experience with my Nitro 600. I'm in the middle of a 550 build right now!

Top Bottom