General T-REX 450 Clone OrangeRX to Turnigy 9x8cv2

Jay Brooks

I have a Spectrum DX6i transmitter as well, but I think it has an issue, so I want to try the Turnigy 9X that I have.
I would like to connect my Turnigy 9x transmitter to my 450 using the Hobbyking OrangeRX currently mounted on my 450 if possible. Can I bind it to my 9X transmitter? If not, how do I interchange a Turnigy 9X8Cv2 receiver for my current OrangeRX? I am seeing different answers online, so I am asking for help.

Tony

Staff member
If the OrangeRX is DSM2 or DSMX then no, you can't bind to it with the 9X, they are just not compatible. You would need to install your other RX for the 9X in order to use that Tx. As far as swapping them out, you just need to figure out what port does what on the new Rx and wire it up. I don't have any experience with the 9X so I'm not sure how they wire up off the top of my head.

Jay Brooks

Thanx for your input. The OrangeRX is a DSM2, so you confirmed my suspicions. Now I just need the wiring . Anyone with experience with the 9X8Cv2 and the OrangeRX, please I could use the help.

KLA

I guess I'm the guy with the answers you need. I use the Turnigy TX systems also. I use a 9xr Pro right now but used a 9x for about 3 years.

The main difference between the Turnigy and Spektrum systems is the channel order. Spektrum is TAER(T-throttle, A-aileron, E-elevator, R-rudder) Turnigy channel order is AETR (Aileron, Elevator, Throttle, Rudder) With that said, and to answer your question, the wiring is as follows: RX Channel 1-6
1-aileron servo
2-elevator servo
3-throttle (ESC/battery)
4-rudder
5-gear(gyro/single yellow wire)
6-pitch servo

I hope that answers your question. If you need any more help feel free to ask and I'll help as much as I can.

Top Bottom