Quad Syma X1 binding problem

eladyt

Hi,

I realize this is a recurring issue with X1's but maybe you can help a newbie here:

My X1 will occasionally bind, but most often than not it'll do the long flashes once connected to the battery, but won't do the short ones (which are the indicator that it's looking for the remote), and will not bind. I tried to push the throttle to max and back, but that doesn't work either.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Tony

Staff member
I think one of the staff members, Matt, has this quad. If it's the one that I worked on, then it's a board issue. I replaced the board for him, and as far as I know, it's still flying. Can you get a video of what it's doing by chance?

Tony

Staff member
I think I just remembered something that Matt told me after I got done fixing his. I'm pretty sure he stated that you have to plug the quad in FIRST, then turn the Tx on. Completely backwards from the way it should be. I will let him confirm this, but I'm pretty sure it's right.

eladyt

Here is the video:

[video=youtube_share;TpWqRZ99zd0]http://youtu.be/TpWqRZ99zd0[/video]

Does this look familiar?

Tony

Staff member
That was pretty short, but I think that is what the other one was doing as well as killing a motor in flight when it did fly. As posted above, are you turning the quad on first, then the Tx?

eladyt

Yes, unfortunately nothing happens after... :)

The remote is turned off. When it does work, following the slow flashes I showed, there is a sequence of fast flashes. If the remote is turned on during the fast sequence, the quad will bind. However, since the fast sequence isn't happening, the binding doesn't either.

Thanks for your quick help!

Tony

Staff member
I'm by no means an expert on these, in fact, I only have about 30 minutes with them total. If you have a magnifying glass, look at the FET's closely as well as all of the other circuits on the board. If you see any of them that have a micro crack, or look wet or sweaty, then that is your issue. This is what I found on the one of Matt's. It's hard to see, but if it's there, that's your problem.

eladyt

I can't see any deformities. I'll try to order a replacement board and hope for the best.

Thanks!

eladyt

For posterity: The new board arrived. I replaced the old one and now the X1 works wonderfully. Many thanks for your help!

Top Bottom