380/420 Swashplate Correction Direction

Harford

I thought I had completed the set up of my ALZRC Devil 380 and was ready for the maiden. This is not the case as the swashplate correction direction is not working as it should. It would be fair to say that I have got myself quite confused over the elevator setup on this heli given it is in the front and I am used to Align helis with the elevator servo at the rear of the swashplate.

I thought I had worked through all of this and managed to achieve getting the swashplate/servos to all work correctly using the Tx inputs. However, there are two problems :

• The swashplate correction directions is wrong for the elevator function ie tilt the heli forward, the swashplate dips forward and vice versa when tilting back. The side to side correction (pitch, aileron servos) is correct.
  • On the Inputs channels screen (Diagnostic Panel) in the Spirit software, moving the collective up on the Tx results in the green elevator bar going down.

To achieve the correct outcome using the Tx inputs, I had to reverse the Elevator channel in the TX, and both Ch2 (Elevator) & Ch3 (Aileron) in the Spirit Software.

I am using a DX9 and Spirit 2 FBL system.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

RandyDSok

I believe I've found a video that covers this part pretty well. This doesn't cover the previous steps that you would have needed to already complete, so you may want to watch this guy's previous videos in this series just to ensure you didn't miss something important in those steps. He is using a DX7 instead of a DX9 but the concepts are the same in either.

Harford

Thank you Randy,
I had watched all the Freddy Can Fly videos on the Spirit 2 setup, He is always very good but did not cover specifically the solution to this issue. This was all about the different layout of the swashplate on these helis and after some more research I realised I should have selected swashplate type 120 degrees reversed in the software and not 120 degrees standard. Problem solved and now everything working correctly.
Thank you again.

RandyDSok

I actually saw that exact discussion ( selecting the various swash types, he selected the 120° but the reversed was shown right below that as well as all the other supported types ) he made on the subject and felt that it applied to what you were describing, perhaps you missed it or forgot seeing it when watching. It started at the 5:09 point in the video.

Harford

Yes I he did cover the swashplate selection option in his video but nothing more than to say there are a range of options available. I was unaware that I needed to select something other than 120 degrees standard but in hindsight it was obvious.

Top Bottom