500 Swash Acting WIERDDD, Some Advice Plzzz

assad11

i dnt really care about pricing atm, just wanna get in the air.. startn to get pissed off, not even this damn camera sd card works in my laptop! ill sort sumfn owt, jst gimme a bit goin for a ciggy then ill get on it..

Lee

Then just go with the Align 500 servo set up. Good reliable and not too expensive.

Westy

LEGEND
yep ... you will spend less time figuring out what is wrong with it ... and more time ... out figuring out how to fly .... on that note I hope you have invested in a decent Simulator?

Check our the PAid Simulator sections to see what is popular and what is good and what knot!

assad11

AHAAA! lol here you go

if you need any other tpe of video just let me know, i just wanna get to the bottom of this :(, servo arms are hooked up on the third notch all round.

- - - Updated - - -

oh you cant see, but the e points are all at 100, even tho when i adjusted them all diffrently i could get it lighned up, and sawshmix is all at +60..

- - - Updated - - -

lined** lil align lined.. either one hehe

Last edited by a moderator:

assad11

ill get those ds515 servos for cyclic, and use these 3 9257s for tail, then i got backup :) thats a good idea, i hope my LHS stock them so i dnt have to wait for shipping.. just another 130 bucks on something i havnt even got going yet, shuda got a goblin to start with lol

Westy

LEGEND
well ... if you want to risk $3K on your unknown flying skills .... then I take my hat off to ya ;) ..... I know what I would do to get started ..... and a goblin is a little way down the track ... unless you have a good pilot that can teach you..... at height......

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
Did someone say GOBLIN? lol. very good advice from all, you should be in the air soon. Just one thing though no one has mentioned that the tail servo should be a digital one..lol or did I miss that.

assad11

westy, who said anything bout starting on a goblin? it said when i get some experience and can pull some moves off i will get one, i didnt say im gonna go get 1 2moz.. thats why i got the HK500, to start on.. now wayyy i would put one of those in the air atm lol itd just end up a pile of green shards lol

So does anyone have an ideas from the video? is it the poor quality of servos? or somethings iv done wrong or missed out?

Lee

Do you have the specs on those 9257 servos? I can't find anything online about them.
Oh yeh, dont turn the radio on after the helicopter. You ALWAYS turn on the radio first, then the heli.

Last edited:

assad11

oh ok didnt know that one, thanks man will do!
heres the specs:
Spec.
Dead band: 0.002ms (Default)
Control System: +Pulse Width Control
Working frequence: 1520μs / 80hz Digital mode/Analogy mode
(RX) Required Pulse: 3.0~5.0 Volt Peak to Peak Square Wave
Operating Voltage: 4.8~6.0 Volts DC
Operating Temperature Range: -10 to + 60 Degree C
Operating Speed (4.8V): 0.08 sec/60° degrees at no load
Operating Speed (6.0V): 0.07 sec/60° degrees at no load
Stall Torque (4.8V): 3.8 kg.cm
Stall Torque (6.0V): 4.2 kg.cm
360° Modifiable: NO
Motor Type: Coreless Motor
Potentiometer Drive: Indirect Drive
Driver Type: FET
Bearing Type: Dual Ball Bearings
Gear Type: Plastic gear
Programmable: YES
Connector Wire Length: 18.0
Dimensions: 36x15.3x21.8 mm
Weight: 25 g

HKS-9257 High Speed Servo 4.5kg/ 25g/ 0.07sec

assad11

ahaaa! wat a noob! the problem was the other night i was messing with it on my bed, and i went into dir mode and played around a bit, not doing it when it was fully flat, and now its on the floor it is completely flat, so the gyro was only doing its job by aligning it to what it thought was flat, not what i thought was flat!

After re-doing DIR mode setup again whilst being flat on the ground, the swash is absolutely perfect the way it should be!

Thanks for all your time guys i really appreciate, no wonder why no one could help me, because only i would have know the gyro was programmed (by me) on a non-flat suface!

thanks again..:)

Lee

DOH!!!!
Well those servos should be perfect for the job in hand.
All i can say is you are lucky the ESC wasn't plugged in when turning the heli on before the radio. That could have ended in a big hole in your ceiling and one smashed heli. VERY VERY important NEVER switch the heli on first or turn it off first. The radio should always be on before turning the heli on or off. I think thats made it clear enough :D LOL

Lee

You're right there, good catch dude. The servo output shaft should be towards the back of the heli, and the servo arm should be pointing forward. Both balls links should be directly vertical from each other.

assad11

got a 2 of those hks-9257s on the way, and in a week or 2 im going to order these ones:
4X Fusonic MG D 9257 V2 High Speed Metal Gear Digital Servo Trex 450 500 PRO | eBay

i think they are good for starting out, not too costly after crashes, i tried to go for a "hover" but i couldnt really get off the ground reasons being:
1. not enough confidence
2. swash plate DEFINATLY not completely leveled
3. dont know what control makes the heli go what way lol..

a sim would be a great investment but i tried to get my tx working on my lappy using some free sims but i couldnt get it to work.. maybe i should have another look..

i had a few attempt to lift off but around the 3rd attempt, i moved the elev up a lil caus the tail wasnt lifting as much as the front and idk if i moved something else, (very confusing for absolute 1st timer!) but it just went sideways and blades hit the ground LOL, lucky i didnt have my carbon blades on, but they didnt break, just one of those $10 servos stripped and one of the main linkages bent, the blades were not tightened fully 100% ( still tight tho) incase something like this happened, when they hit the ground they braced some of the impact by bending..

Im quite sure this was due to the swashplate being uneven, ive ordered 2 of those 9257s for the tail and a replacement, and 2 gear sets which were 91c each! lol well worth repairing.. Also a swash level tool, a digital pitch gauge & a few other bits n pieces, gotta get the swash PERFECT before i even attempt anything else lol, i thought it "looked" well aligned but i guess i was wrong lol, im sure itd work for a pro but im not so didnt work.. ill get there tho..

westy- are you that flat minded you cant tell the diffrence between a joke and being serious? let me explain it for you if your that "dumb"..

it meant, since i have got this hk500 i have to keep spending money on it.. you with me??
now that i have spent soo much on it, i could of had something real nice.. still with me??
so instead of spending all this money on a hk500 i could of had a goblin instead.. Now you laugh..

some people are just screwed.. its ok bro im not blaming you.. its the flouride, mercury, lithium, glyphosate, ethylbenzene, monochloride and the couple other hundred or who know how many other chemicals in the water..

not to mention GMO's that are now getting served in most supermarkets, oh and chemtrails, oh and murcury, lithium or aluminium in your vaccines..

and all added up it make a real smart person really dumb and halves their life span (if their lucky), and dont say this doesnt happen in nz lol, nz & aus are just as bad if not worse with some things then the US..

wake up, and reverse it westy.. before its too late, your already pretty far down the track if you cant tell a joke from a serious note.. stop drinking tapwater and seek out non gmo food to start with, this will greatly improve your wellbeing, lifespan, and the way you feel, then MAYBE youll be able to comprende whats going on..

( no smart ass just trying to wake people up, if you arent already awake!)

Westy

LEGEND
:homer: LMAO ;) ... must have been Goblin fever! Lol.... :bolt::drools:

if you want a sim to work .... works with Phoenix, Clearview, XTR, Real Flight and some of the other ones that slip my mind!

a great hassle free kit that includes all the cables to connect any TX with a trainer port .....Cheap as chips and excellent value for money!

IS this .... Wireless 9 in1 Simulator Adapter'

24613.jpg

:twak:

Oh and GOBLINS ROCK!!!!!! :homer: YEAH!!!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom