FBL Gyro Storm Rock 5 Gyro on Storm 450 GF CP Helicopter..HELP

codyck1

I am completely bewildered how to get my new bird in a smooth hover. I have flown many other cp helicopters & gyro birds & they all can hover smoothly w/ little effort, this storm 450 GF edition (which, funny is my most expensive cp helicopter & least stable) I am having a heck of a time getting a stable hover out of. The remote is all wacky all of the settings are called different things than I am used to. No HH mode in the gyro, only normal, stunt, idle on the remote...I have literally been attempting to stabilize this bird for over a week now & no luck...Anyone who can help I would appreciate!..

Thanks,
Cody

Tony

Staff member
It really depends on what stability issues you are having. Is it going left to right, fore and aft, or yawing all over the place? I don't know much about that gyro or heli, but will do my best to help out where I can.

codyck1

It really depends on what stability issues you are having. Is it going left to right, fore and aft, or yawing all over the place? I don't know much about that gyro or heli, but will do my best to help out where I can.

It is not staying level. The nose is diving & drifting to the left. I have been compensating w/ the sticks but it really isn't much fun to fly because I am afraid to get above 2-3 ft & will not take of the training gear due to the stability issues. I just purchased rc helicopter fun's ebook which talks about swash leveling (i was unaware you must level the swash at several different heights to truly obtain a level swash). The Gyro has 2 nobs "delay" & "limit" which is different from other gyros I have seen.

thanks for any help you may offer!

Tony

Staff member
Limit will be the limit of the gyro movement. Delay should be set to the absolute minimum. If you have a hard time getting rid of tail wag, adding a little delay for a slow servo may help it stabilize.

As for the swash, you should only have to level it at one point. All servos attached to the swash should be the exact same otherwise you will have issues with it. But yes, a level swash is key. If your swash is going out of level from full negative to full positive, then you have some kind of issue with yoru servos. the servos that I suggest for a 450 size heli are the DS415's. They are great. And for a tail servo, the DS425 or DS525 will hold that tail solid with a good gyro like the GP790.

Top Bottom