Still Picture Cameras

Admiral

I generally use the iPhone 5 just because I always carry it, if I go to fly with the intent on taking pictures I take my Canon EOS 450D with a 75~300 Zoom, photos quality is great but it cuts into my flying time.

Admiral

Well I need some sort of phone, smoke signals don't have the range we need to talk over in Australia, and I got the phone for nothing as a parting gift from the company I worked for.
It is also a very good flying companion having a Tacho, Head speed calculator, clinometer and pitch calculator and has a still and video camera all in all it's pretty good, I'm sure Galaxy would do similar but I would have to pay for that.

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
Asus had a phone with 4k video. In the revision of that phone they dropped the 4k video. The stills on it were supposed to be close to tack sharp. Ifyou wnat to check itout its the padFone X and the padFone X mini. I maybe be dropping the coin for the X mini in september if things go well.

Tony

Staff member
Just went and got me another note 4. This thing has a 16mp camera on it! Wicked large pictures. And the options on this thing are amazing. Much better than my note 2!

Admiral

A bit of a laugh looking back at the Phone/Cameras we were all using nearly six years back. unless you have a built in camera with 2,3 or 4 lens nowadays you fell like the poor relation.

DarrellW

A bit of a laugh looking back at the Phone/Cameras we were all using nearly six years back. unless you have a built in camera with 2,3 or 4 lens nowadays you fell like the poor relation.
I know, my new camera replaced an 11 year old Lumix which was state of the art at the time for a compact! It even did HD video pretty much old hat these days! Same thing when I went from my iPhone 6S to the XR, the improvements are just mind blowing. I just recently parted company with my trusty old Nikon SLR and lenses, too much to lug around - the B600 is amazingly good for most people, the purists would probably disagree but I like what it does for such a lightweight camera. here’s a couple of moon shots:

Attachments

• CE75656A-B9BE-496A-9F84-818ED79D1AFB.jpeg
    198.3 KB · Views: 3
  • C4B46D30-2B9B-4F71-96D5-4949A708854C.jpeg
    114.5 KB · Views: 3
Top Bottom