FBL Gyro Sticky Tape

Why is it recommended not to use two pieces of sticky tape under the gyro I have a 180 I'm putting back together and I'm at the sticky tape part

Tony

Staff member
It can cause more vibrations to be transferred to the gyro. But it also depends on the tape as well. I usually use the 3M gel tape and I only use one piece. But if you are going to use closed cell foam that is pretty thin, then two shouldn't hurt. But I would definitely try one to start with and see how it goes first.

Derek

I use the heavy duty 3M sticky tape. It's grey with red backing. I love this stuff. I use it on my planes, helicopters, and quads.

As for the gyros on my helicopters, I've always used 2 layers of sticky tape. If there was ever an issue with my helicopter flying wrong, it wasn't because of the gyro....more like mechanical setup or operator error.

I don't know what three-in-one means but the 180 that has two blades has a ar6335 receiver gyro combination and it's like shrink-wrapped in a plastic material I also have a 180 Trio the 3 blade one and it has a ar6335 and it's in a box like a little icon a hard shell box so I'm putting back together the other one and I was just wondering if you know if two pieces of tape would be better than one it came with one

Tony

Staff member
What URI means by a 3-1 is the gyro will also be the receiver as well as the ESC. Helicopters like the Align 150, Blade mCP-X are some examples of models that use the 3-1.

The 180 has a Castle Creations 15 amp ESC but the gyro and the receiver is one unit you are exactly right and I understand what you're saying

murankar

Staff member
Okay, yeah, just use a piece of foam tape. That heli should not produce that much in harmful vibes.

Top Bottom