SR has tail kick after slight crash HHEEELLPP

Ok I hit the ground lightly..not visible damage that I can find but tail kicks out under throttle up now. I see nothing bent or otherwise damaged..the only dif is that it takes a bit more stick to lift now and if I goose or twitch the throttle it kicks the tail out. Please help. It's my only flying heli right now.

Tony

Staff member
Check the main shaft if you are not getting as much pitch. The collet could have moved on you. I cna't remember if this is a belt or motor driven tail, but if it's motor, make sure the blades are not against the motor. If it is a belt, then check to make sure everything is spinning free.

Is a direct drive tail. I rebound it and that seemed to bassicly fix it although I am having to re adjust it all now. not a scratch and it messed everything up lol. Is my Blade SR 1. It still is not quite right but I may not have gotten it to bind correct. Gonna try again tomorrow I guess..Just can't figure what it messed up when it hit.

Tony

Staff member
In all honesty, there is no telling lol. I have crashed a helicopter very lightly, replaced what usually breaks and bends and chased something as little as a grub screw that was causing it to fly funky. It's just a part of the hobby lol. Hope you get it going.

Tony

Staff member
lmao, the ground is not your friend anytime :lmao: Usually means money is fixing to depart your pocket :biggrin1:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Yeah .., I think I was targeted here lol yes I lost my 450 in tall weeds for two and a half weeks. It was sad. But I found it finally. The happiest day lol. Anywaz.. Hope you got your tail kick fixed ;)

murankar

Staff member
Gaba,

this is not going away anytime soon. It sad that you lost it, glad you found it, but oh so funny.

Tony

Staff member
Raise your head speed a bit. If that doesn't work, try raising your gain on your gyro.

Seems like it might be my receiver. I am getting allot of jerky altitude change with the same settings on my radio I have run for awhile.. throttle is too touchy at altitude is jumpy no matter what and tail is kicking to the right..or should I say I am getting too much left rudder when I throttle up. so I am thinking less gyro maybe? Is frustrating because there is absolutely not a mark on it physically. it hit so soft it did not even nick the blades. Is just befuddeling me. Sorry for being repetetive I just thought maybe a more specific description would help. Man I can diagnose your car in moments but this is buggin me out lol. Anyway sorry to be a pain man. Thank you greatly for your help and patience. I can't seem to get my local club to respond to me beyond saying, Hi..come to meetings. I am not sure I want to join a club that won't talk to you unless your a member.

Tony

Staff member
Your not bothering me bro, I can assure you that. As stated before, it's the smallest thing that could be the issue. If the gain was too high, the tail would be wagging quickly back and forth. If it's just kicking out, then that means it's getting an errant signal to do so. I have seen Rx's go out like this and cause this issue, but it's rare. but with that said, it seems like this may be the issue. the gyro could be another issue if it was damaged. Only real way of testing those is to get another Rx and another gyro and test it out.

And I know what you mean about clubs. My club is not exactly like that though. but most of them only fly planes and when you show them a heli, there is a huge question mark over their head lol. It's all good though, I like having a place to fly my planes. My heli's are all flown right here in my back yard though.

SR is down. Tail kicked out..lost control..she is almost totaled. Gonna be grounded for a bit. Talk to you guys soon. thanks for trying to help tony. Am starting to think I should just go fixed wing. I Just don't have the cash for this. Namaste.

Tony

Staff member
don't let this get you down bro, it happens to all of us. This right here is why they call this a "Hobby", just remember that. Put it on a shelf, and walk away for a while and you will want to get it back in the air when you come back. Trust me, been there lol.

Update..I crashed..she's almost totaled. Good news is I figured out the Walkera and it is flying now. Both my SR's are on the bench though..ggrrrr. Thanks guys..I am learning fast due to all your input. Oh and Dam!! that Walkera is quiet compared to my SR.

Top Bottom