Square One again

treff

Well, after the rough period of bad weather which seemed to go on for ever I finally go out with Hk450 to do some flying. I could hardly believe it
I seemed to have gone back to the beginning. I was even having trouble with the tail in hover. After about 3 to 4 weeks on the sim and flying
small indoor fixed pitch heli my mind seems to have forgotten the last 12 months. What's that all about. I am seriously thinking of going back to mode 4
on the TX which I flew for 40 years on fixed wing. I am now thinking it was a seriously bad mistake to change and it is that which is confusing my reactions and
I seemed to fall back on past learning which as been burned into my brain for the last 40 years. I confuse rudder with aileron so getting into all sorts
of problems. Cheers for now. Hope the weather in the states begins to warm for you all soon. Looks very cold on the TV news

treff

Cheers Lee. Very good day here (Sat) been out with new (rebuild) fly barred helicopter and put a few batteries though it and nearly did
the same as I did a few weeks ago.............landed in a tree. LOL Did some nose in work but so high I could hardly work out which way it was pointing.
I have discovered in old age I need at least ten seconds for the signal to go from my small brain and get to my thumbs LOL I need at least 200 feet
allowing for the inevitable dumb thumbs LOL It seems to work out quite well. I am going to design a contraption so that I can fix a pair of high
powered binoculars to my eyes so that I can use both hands on the TX. I think I can gain an extra 30 seconds the to the "fall time" Fall time is the
technical term used for the time the helicopter hits the dirt after a dumb thumb moment LOL I'm working on it. Cheers

treff

I will just add this if anyone interested. I went through 12 batteries today. The most I have ever flown in one go and its paid off. Last 5 batteries nose in, under control, no problem.
Going from tail to nose, no problem, piro, not bad. I think I have cracked the fear of crashing Nothing special like 3D but forward flying under control, turns and most of all nose in.
Its not brilliant but at last I feel I am progressing. Cheers

treff

Thanks Lee. Yes stick time is right. Now I really must find a better flying site with more room although flying in the road
outside the house makes me fly with more discipline LOL. A good day but frightened a few neighbours with a fast low pass
down the road LOL. Cheers

Slobberdog

nice to see your having fun Treff, got on the sim on thursday evening for about 2 hrs practicing nose in, the had a battery in the Mcpx on friday in the small room and was surprised to see i got nose in hovering with it, more practice now,

treff

Cheers Kev, yes, practice,practice and more practice is the only way.
The sim is okay but it does not beat stick time.

Slobberdog

no i agree the feel is totally different but it does help with muscle memory and getting the look and movement into the old grey matter, plus 20 crashes in the sim in one session dont cost a penny, lol

treff

Cheers Graham. I actually only own 6 batteries but fast charge them in the house. I was only just outside so no problem and the batteries cost the grand total of £4 each from China.
2200Mha 30C they give 5 mins. I took a risk in buying them but they worked out really good. I think they are actually 50c because I have 2 50c and they behave exactly the same
but I never discharge below 11.1v Cheers

Top Bottom