General spektrum satellite question

pj1969

Just a quick question guys, i run a spektrum AR6200 in my 450 pro dfc and my 600 and i have a spare AR7000 to run in my goblin 700, but i dont have a spare satellite to go with it. what exactly does the satellite do??? can i run it with out or will i loose signal???? necer really came across this you see, as the other 2 have satellites fitted. It will be run with a beastx.

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
Well the basic purpose it serves is as a receiver..the controller is just that "a controller" or interface(3GX, IKON etc.)..Now the AR7000 is a receiver, the satellite is a extra extension of that. install the sat on the opposite side if possible for better results. I always make sure that one antenna is facing horizontal and the other verticle. thats the best that i can explain..I am sure you will get more answers from the others. Now lets see the new Gobby

pj1969

i only have the 7000, no extra satellite. I've just read the spec and seems maybe ok on it's own. Pics of the gobby will be up by the weekend, i'm too busy staring at her lol

Slobberdog

It's recommended for larger heli's to use a sat reciever as well as there is alot more carbon and fuselage parts to block signal, I know myself if I was gonna put a 1500 quid heli in the air I would dish out the extra 18quid for a sat rx.....

Just my 2 cents

Slobberdog

Range test might be ok tail in but not nose in, like I said not alot to pay for better piece of mind.

Tony

Staff member
Take the satellite off your 450 (if you are running a 3GX, take one off and leave the other). You MUST run a satellite on anything over a 500 size. It's safety first with these things. $40 is a small price to pay for the hundreds your are going to spend if you crash cause of a brown out or worse, hit someone when it browns out.

pj1969

Yeah thanks guys, I've ordered a new one today, just wasn't a 100% sure what part they did. Hopefully get you all some pics of my gobby by the weekend, don't think I'll be flying her just yet tho lol

Top Bottom