General Spektrum Dx8 Gen 2 Charging

BCJ

I am charging my transmitter for the first time.
I'm using the charging that came with the TX.
After plugging the charger into the TX and then the adapter into an electric socket, I see nothing on the TX indicating that charging is taking place. Shouldn't there be some way to determine that?
Also, how do I know when charging is complete? The manual just says to disconnect the charger when charging is complete (ugh!).

Admiral

My first Gen DX9 shows a Blueish light in the 5 Bars under the DX9 emblem while charging, when that goes out its charged.
I would note the charge in the TX then put it on for an hour or so then unplug it and check the charge level again to see if it is charging, if not do you have a multi meter to check the power adapter is working, or maybe do that first. if not charging and Power adapter is OK return it for warranty repair.

BCJ

My first Gen DX9 shows a Blueish light in the 5 Bars under the DX9 emblem while charging, when that goes out its charged.
I would note the charge in the TX then put it on for an hour or so then unplug it and check the charge level again to see if it is charging, if not do you have a multi meter to check the power adapter is working, or maybe do that first. if not charging and Power adapter is OK return it for warranty repair.
thanks.
My DX8 has no blue lights. In fact, while the charger is plugged in, there are no lights or sounds coming from the TX at all. I do not have a meter so I'm running the hour test right now to see if the voltage changes.
BTW, I'm at 7.2V so I have a bit more flying time before the TX goes dead.

BCJ

thanks.
My DX8 has no blue lights. In fact, while the charger is plugged in, there are no lights or sounds coming from the TX at all. I do not have a meter so I'm running the hour test right now to see if the voltage changes.
BTW, I'm at 7.2V so I have a bit more flying time before the TX goes dead.

After one hour of charging, the voltage went from 7.2 to 7.4.
So I guess the charger is working.
Is it normal to charge so slowly?

Admiral

Yeah they are pretty slow, mine with a new LiPo will take over night if very low, it charges up to 8.2V as batteries get old they charge quicker & discharge quicker.
I would get the light situation checked out though, pain in the butt with out it working, probable only a loose connection.

Reactions: BCJ

Smoggie

All sounds normal. The DX8 G2 doesnt have any charge indicator like the DX9 has. This is because the DX9 had it's charging circuit built into the Tx whereas the DX8 G2 has the charge circuit built into the battery module itself. The DC power supply plugs direct into the battery module so the Tx has no way to detect that it's charging.

And yes, it's very slow. best just leave in overnight.

Top Bottom