450 something to stop the blades from coming off Post new topic Post reply

i was thinking of something to stop the blades from coming off so i think this is the only thing i could think of silicone tubing in the blade grips with the locate as well should be OK safety first.just in case08202012326.jpg08202012327.jpg

08202012326.jpg

08202012327.jpg

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I would think that that will cause a unbalanced situation and cause a vibration! Has long has you replace the fibernut when you change out blades it shoulden't come apart! Pluses the lock tite. I've never had blades come apart off my head on any of my helis!

murankar

Staff member
I have twice, but I think that was my fault more than anything. As far as the tubing goes, it may cause a binding in the blades as they move in the blade grips. Keep in mind that the blades will still want to lead and track (I believe that's what it's called) as you fly. That tubing may keep that from happening and causing an imbalance in the head. If you get it to work let us know and get video of you flying it with that tubing in.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
THats not a very good idea bro.. vibrations, and the speed head is rotating, those migh fly off... and imbalance is the last thing a flybarred heli likes.

I have had blades explode out on my on my align 450 pro.. this tubing will not help any

Tony

Staff member
I have to agree with everyone here. There is already enough force on the root of the blade and putting a piece of silicone, as light as it may be, will still add more stress to the root. Good quality bolts and feathering shafts with some blue thread locker will do just fine. People are flying 3D with these things putting them under immense pressure without them failing.

Top Bottom