ESC Soldering question

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Has anyone attempt to try soldering one of theses barrel on before. IMG_0458.JPG :confused1: Is it worst trying to fix it or just go buy another ESC "HW 50a". I'm not the best in soldering, but learning. Lol

IMG_0458.JPG

SIXFOOTER

Thats a capacitor and I have soldered thousands of them.
Not that hard, use a 30 watt iron with a pencil tip.
Make sure the tip is clean and run solder on it, shake off the excess and apply the tip to the junction of the wire and the copper trace on the board and the solder almost immediately.
The cap may be polarised so be sure and get it in the right way.

This is something a video would be good for

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Thats a capacitor and I have soldered thousands of them.
Not that hard, use a 30 watt iron with a pencil tip.
Make sure the tip is clean and run solder on it, shake off the excess and apply the tip to the junction of the wire and the copper trace on the board and the solder almost immediately.
The cap may be polarised so be sure and get it in the right way.

This is something a video would be good for

Thanks SIXFOOTER! :twothumbsup: Yeah Tony let me know it's a capacitor last time I called it a barel.:facepalm: A video would be nice but I'll give it a shot anyway. If I goof up well... that gives me a reason to buy another HW50a.

trainrider06

It's heck trying to know and remember these electronic components huh Ivan! Don't feel bad!
I used to know those terms and such back in my automotive training, then forgot em, now kinda remember em. Once in a blue moon I'll remember things about my aircraft maintance days too lol the one thing I always remember is the miles of safety wire I had to string on those jets though, won't forget that! Lol

Tony

Staff member
remind me when I get home this weekend and I will make a video on soldering the CAPACITOR!!! lmao. It's pretty easy, but I have been soldering anything and everything for years so it's second nature to me.

Top Bottom