So what mauevers are you working on?

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Right now I am practicing my basics ... Yes. I realized that I had a hole in my basics. My stationery pirouettes were horrible. So I am practicing that.

Then while painfully trying the full piro flips .. Also realized that my half piro flips weren't staying put. Meant my throttle left hand wasn't transitioning to zero at the right moment . Hmmmm... Dang it! Lol

Then trying those and failing I finally figured out snake-Ing figure 8's and funnel figure 8's

They are basically a stretched out half piro with a mod pitch traveling transition. But I pulled it multiple times on the sim

In the real air today with my warp 360, I did the transition and stopped everytime. It was scary .. So I didn't wanna push too hard. Lol but it looks cool in the air . Ill try to post a Phoenix recording of it .. And may be y'all can help me with it too :)

So what are you working on?

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

pvolcko

Got the 550X repaired. Trying to get my thumbs back into things after my 550x and 300x crashes. Back to being nervous for the whole flight. :)

I'm spending time on orientation training (a proximate cause of the 550X "crash"). Also started working stationary slow piros (fast are easy since the fbl does all the work). Also trying to focus on forward flight collective management. I'm climbing climbing climbing as I do circuits due to it climbing when I pull back (slow up).

Need to hit the sim.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
That's awesome both of you.

Please don't do what I did. I went forward flight. And then fast forward and then upside down flying ... Backwards took me taking steps back

And then now I realize my stationery piros are awful

Practice the basics. Go back to them. I have realized it helps to just freaking take it slow abd hover for a couple batteries :)

Lee

Someones been watching there new Smack talk RC videos LOL :D
The basics are so important. Most people once they get to flying circuits, start to try inverted and miss out a big chunk of skills in the process.
All orientations should be master, I say MASTERED not done once or twice, before moving on to tricks. So upright tail in, nose in and side on, then inverted the same. I mean holding the heli for a whole battery in one place comfortably moving from each orientation to the next with out losing control or drifting off. Then when you move to Sport flying and 3D all the manoeuvres will be a lot easier.

So what am i working on.
4 point stationary flips.
Keeping my full piroflips in one place.
Upright to inverted transitioning fig 8's
And piro tick tocks
Getting there slowly. Yesterday was a great day flying and today looks the same. It makes such a difference to have consecutive days of practice. Its so rare here with the wind to get a good consistent spell of flying in.

Good luck everyone with what ever you are learning :D

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Hey I love those 4 point flips and rolls ..

And that's upright to inverted transitioning figure 8's is what I referred to as snaking figure 8's

Also you can extrapolate that to funnel figure 8's going upright to inverted in the middle

Lee

Just came back from flying. The main issue i'm having is compensating for the wind. Half a circuit is with full pitch and half is with almost none. Otherwise it just drifts off.

Westy

LEGEND
Great ... I m now not feeling so bad! After watching a bucket load of Smack Talk Learn 3D Vids .... (Yep I bought 6 of them).

I realised the same thing .... I had got so focused on performing tricks ... that I did not realise how important to know all of your orientations ... MASTERY = SECOND NATURE INSTANT CORRECTIVE RESPONSES IN ALL ORIENTATIONS ==> Inverted and Right Side up <==

Gabsy .... I am working on the same thing .... stabilising standing pirouetting in one spot.... it is hard as you are seeing the orientation change every half a second and have to compensate for drift at the correct orientation.... once you have this .... you do the same inverted and you will have a good skill set to move forward!

I have sat down and gone through my strengths and weaknesses.... here is what i have come up with

I have got MASTERED (IMHO)

Right Side up:
STRENGTHS
* Tail in - Hovering
* Nose in -Hovering
* Nose Left - Hovering
* Forward flight SLOW figure 8's
* Backward flight SLOW figure 8's
* side to side circuits - rising and falling using tail control - Forwards and backwards
* right and left turn in both directions using torque turns - Forwards and backwards

WEAKNESSES - Thing for me to focus on
* Still quite weak and nervous for some reason on Nose Right!
* All inverted orientations
* Funnels Tail down (CCW).... not too bad ... but bail out at about 7 oclock coming towards me ...
* Tic Tocs in all orientation and ELE AND AIL
----------------
I get nervous still during inverted and can only stomach 15 seconds of inverted at about 70 feet up and can drop it down to about 12 feet then chicken out ....

I also figured out why I bail out on the CCW funnels ... Because I am not comfortably with the disk coming past me vertical

So ..... i have a lot of ground work to do before I move onto Piro Flips and Tic Tocs..... SMACK SMACK! - what a laugh ... Here I thought I was getting real good ... but now I know for a fact that I am like a kid rushing off half cocked and not enough experience or skill to succeed! haha

So ... My goal is to tackle: (Becasue I like to tick things off as it feels more rewarding!

Nose Right first!

Inverted Nose in
Inverted Tail in
Inverted Nose Left
Inverted Nose Right.

Slow Pirouetting hover right side and inverted (to prove I can control and add corrections on the fly!) = In both directions
FAST Pirouetting hover right side and inverted (to prove I can control and add corrections on the fly!) = In both Directions

Once I have them sussed ... (And only then)

* Tail in ELEVATOR tic Tocs! - to get me used to seeing the disk vertical heading toward me :)
* Nose Left Elevator Tic Tocs ..........

So this might take about a year to get to this stage ..... wish me luck!

don't want to bore you with any videos though as it gets boring after a while!

Sounds like a plan to me! - Copied and pasted to me One Note!

Last edited:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Nice

Ok this goes to everyone ::: T manuever

In all orientations... Very slowly fly the helicopter in a horizontal t maintains heights and straight line as much as possible.

You will see that you will find literal holes in orientation and orientation changes

Do this in right side up all orientations

And upside down all orientations and when good

So pirouetting ones

You will see past a pint the heli changes direction like page turn and you will feel like you are loosing control but don't stop keep doing it

And it is so simple but very useful. I still gotta do it too. This was straight from Curtis Youngblood

Top Bottom