Showing off for my Grandson TRex 500

Ken Jackson

Yes my heart rate shot up quite a bit but that was my second battery (flight) so I just flew like it didn't happen. By the middle of the flight I was calmed down enough I tried two stunts that I had never done before. Been two years since I bought my first $20 helicopter. Started flying planes this summer which helped me more then anything. I still lose tail orientation once in a while but I don't crash because I don't react to it. Hesitating an extra second or two is all it takes. I've also realized that the 3GX or any triple axis gyro should give you moments of almost hands free flight. When I am in a high speed pass inverted or upright the only stick that I worry about is the pitch. The rest takes care of itself until you reach your turning point.

Thinking back to past crashes I realize that most of them were from panic and most of them could have been avoided. Now flying too close to the ground eliminates that extra second or two so fly high when your trying anything new.

Slobberdog

When I started flying at the beginning of the year I thought that flying close to the ground would stop me doing to much damage, and cos I was close if I shut the motor down it would just sit down on the ground and be ok, but the more you fly the more you come to realise that as you have said height will be your friend, I like being a bit higher in the sky now, yes I spent hours in the sim just messing about chucking the heli all over the place to try to get my bail outs sorted I now feel that I can do things without to much panic, although the heart pounding moments still happen.

Nice flying by the way!

wolfman76

great flying ken bet your grandson loved it i know my two younger boys do... OH AND DID I HEAR RIGHT IN YOU SAYING YOUR GRANDSONS NAME IS KYLE???? GREAT NAME BY THE WAY LOL

Derek

That was great, Ken! I did notice the "1:12" moment but you held it together really well. The whole flight was a great show. Nice job!!!

concept30

all that great 3D flying and not even a side in landing or a nose in landing. oh well i guess it takes alot of nerves to do a landing like that.

Ken Jackson

Dustin,

I don't take risk taking off and landing. If I'm going to crash I want to be trying something new and exciting. I am taking more chances than I ever have but aside from inverted hover 1-2 feet off the ground I don't take many chances down low anymore.

Ken

Top Bottom