General She got away

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I hope that someone can explain what might of cause this. After hovering around for a minute or so, testing out the new parts i installed in my heli, all of the sudden she took off straight up, full + pitch, and had no control. She was getting away til throttle hold set in. After few hours trying to get my heli down from a tree, i went back to rebuilding her again and after the heli is all together she seems fine again. I have no idea what happen. Interference in the airway, hiccup or just lost her mind but is there anything i can do to prevent this from happening again? I checked all connection and she been flying well for a long time til today so I'm confuse! Any suggestion would be helpful. I have a Tarot 450 DFC/ AR7200BX/CC Talon 35amp/ DX6i RX if this might help any. Any suggestion would be appreciated and i thank you for your time!

murankar

Staff member
Depends on what hardware you and what warning codes you got for said hardware.

Basically its one of two things that occurred. You either had a brown out or a lock out your gyro my have had an error code flashing that would have said for sure. Either way you lost communication to the rx and the heli either went to fail safe or picked up another 2.4 ghz signal (highly unlikely but probable), personally I would say fail safe.

Admiral

I had similar once with my 500 while testing a tail repair, the ball link to one blade grip broke putting one blade to full +, the 500 shot up, through the Pagola roof. About $40 to fix the heli and $250 to get out of the bad books with the wife.

Lee

Check what your fail safe is set to.
With your blades off, spool up the heli on the bench, then switch off the radio.
If you have the fail safe set up properly, the throttle should cut off.
This will rule out whether it was a fail safe error.

Top Bottom