General Setting up 450 3D w/3GX and DX8

Mac

I have decided to leave the 3GX in my 450 3D.

I have made all of the mechanical adjustments to the 450 using Marius S. instructions and they are spot on.

I am about to run through Tony's 3GX Video series to setup up the 3GX.

Questions:

1. What to program the DX8 settings to?

2. Do I create a new Heli position in memory and use the default settings after setting the swashplate to 3 servos 120.

3. What should the Gyro settings in the DX8 be set to?

4 After the 3GX is all setup do I load the intermediate settings (I'm new) from the DX8 manual into memory and rebind the RX?

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Mac

Tony

Staff member
You state that you are about to watch the videos that I have put out there. Before I go writing out a long post, watch the videos (there are a few of them) then post the parts where you still have questions. I will be more than happy to help, but no sense beating a dead horse with something that you learn in the video.

Mac

Okay Tony, you are right. I was just in information overload when I made my post. I'll take this one step at a time.

I leveled the swash and have zero pitch.

Pitch -12 0 +12
Ail -7 0 +7
Elev -7 0 +7
Swash Ail -60
Ele -60
Pit -60

Because I am a beginner I lowered the Pitch to -9 +9 from -12 +12 using the Swash in the DX8.
My swash is now Ail -60, Ele -60 and Pit -43.
My question is, should the Ail and Ele pitch be lowered also. Is -7, +7 too much for those two with the -9 +9 Pitch?

Thanks,
Mac

Tony

Staff member
You need to set 8º of cyclic pitch in DIR mode. This is how the gyro knows how much pitch you are using. I think 4.0 requires 10º of pitch on the cyclic. I will double check this.

Tony

Staff member
well, I was going ot check it, but my program is not working on my computer. I will try later to double check the cyclic pitch setting when I get home.

Mac

Tony, I just booted up the 3GX program and reading the instructions, it says the recommended value for Ail and Ele is +-8 degrees.

Top Bottom