General servo travel

Murray

The elevator servo will not travel as far as the pitch and the aileron, I may have a setting in my Dx8 out of adjustment just can't find it.

Tony

Staff member
Not sure why this was posted in the news feed section, but I have moved it into the heli section.

What helicopter are we working on here? What gyro?

Murray

T-rex 450 sport (super Combo) is on the manual, with GP780 gyro and the servo is a DS410m. sorry I posted in the wrong feed I don't really know what I am doing yet but working on it.

Tony

Staff member
Okay cool, so no 3 axis gyro on this thing.

Go into your DX8 and go to Servo Setup. Select travel and look at aileron, elevator and pitch. They should all be at 100%. If they are not, put them at 100%. Also, you can push the roller and hold it then power on the DX8 to access the setup menu. In there, under your helicopter model, select swashplate. You should be on 120º 3 Servo. Let me know if this helps.

And no worries. Forums can be challenging for those just getting started in them.

Murray

Tony I set the aileron to 100% and had less travel on all servos, so I put the aileron back to 146% and turned the elevator to 149% and the swashplate comes up level now so now I will have to fly it to see if all is well. Thanks for the help.

Derek

also be sure that your swashplate menu shows equal numbers for the elevator, pitch, and aileron. If your elevator number here is less than the others, I would imagine that would cause problems, too.

Tony

Staff member
It shouldn't be like that. You should never have to mess with the travel adjustment or endpoints. Are you running the same servos on all 3 positions? Are the balls in the same hole on each arm?

Murray

Tony, I think one of the servos is a 415 a replacement for the ds410m I will check this evening. The aileron and pitch are in the same hole and the elevator is in th second hole that is the way it is in the manual but i will check it to night.
Derek the swashplate is set at 50% on all 3.

Tony

Staff member
Yup, if one of the servos is different, it will cause issues. They must be the same. Preferably out of the same batch number.

Murray

Tony, I changed the servos they all match, on the servo arms all are now in the same hole. The swashplate is moving the same distance it really looks good, I moved all three servo settings to 120% I tried the settings at 100% and did not have enough pitch. can,t wait to fly it. Thanks

Tony

Staff member
Murray, please put them all back to 100%. You will then go into the Swashplate menu on your Tx and adjust those settings for more or less pitch. Aileron and elevator are your cyclic controls, and Pitch is your collective control. The higher the number, the more the servo is going to move. Or should I say, the further away from 0, the more servo travel you will have. But you MUST have 100% in your Tx on the travel settings.

Murray

Tony, I have the swashplate set at 50% all the way around and it looks good i will take it out and try it I the morning see what it will do I am sure there will be something else. Thanks for all your help. I have a mini boy I am trying to change over to 2.4 I know I need help.

Murray

Tony, another issue now with the motor pulsing after it gets to mid stick it will rev up and down w/out moving the throttle . The motor is a align 3500kv w/ a 35 amp esc. The motor and ESC came with heli.

Tony

Staff member
This is caused by the LVC (Low Voltage Cut-off). You need to go into your ESC and set your LVC to the middle instead of High. And you need to ONLY fly with a charged battery. If you charge the battery, this should stop this from happening

Top Bottom