General Servo tester.

concodd

My build is taking forever, due to delays in shipping, still have not got my UBEC, but did get my Turnigy servo tester today so thought I would at least get the servo's done. Charged the 3s battery, plugged it in and connected the leads from the ESC but got no power to the servo tester. ESC is working, and do have power on the leads from the ESC. Can anyone think why the power is not getting into the tester or maybe do I need to wait for the UBEC to power it up.

concodd

I have the instruction's i just don't understand, if the 3 cell is fully charged there should be enough power coming out of the ESC to power up the servo tester.

concodd

Could it have something to do with the fact that it has not been progarammed yet and is still in default mode??

RMB677

I'm totally unfamiliar with servo testers. When I read the instructions shown I don't see where an ESC is necessary. There is no mention of an ESC. I would interpret the instructions that the battery can be connected directly to the tester.

concodd

You need the ESC or UBEC to decrease the power flow, if you go direct from the battery to the servo tester it does not decrease your power flow and you end up giving the full battery power to the servo being tested and blowing it.

pvolcko

He's using the built in BEC on the ESC to power the servo tester.

You said the lead off the ESC has power. How do you know? What voltage is coming off of it? What ESC is this?

concodd

I used a circuit tester to test the power outage on the ESC, could not get the exact reading because the tester is an old one. The actual light indicator on the ESC was flashing, so I know power is going in. It is a Castle Creations Phoenix edge HV for my 700 Goblin. Does not have a built in BEC. I am hoping my external UBEC will arrive today

Lee

Maybe i missed something.
But you just said your ESC doesn't have a built in BEC?
There the problem, no power from the ESC if it doesn't have a BEC.
Its 1am i may be seeing things LOL :D

Lee

It also says in the distructions ;)
It will take an input voltage between 3V and 12.6V
That means you can plug in a 1S to a 3S battery to power it without needing an ESC or a BEC.

Lee

It also says in the distractions ;)
It will take an input voltage between 3V and 12.6V
That means you can plug in a 1S to a 3S battery to poet it without needing an ESC or a BEC.

But underneath it does say within the servos Voltage range??? A bit confusing??

Top Bottom